PDA

View Full Version : June 6th, 1944

bkm
06-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Just a reminder of this very important date in our history. If you have parents or grand parents that fought in WW2 and will and can talk about their service time, cherish every minute of it because it won't be much longer when all we have to recollect these times are film and books. For those that have lost loved ones that did serve during this time, remember them today along with all of our service member past and present.

Thank you to all of those that have served no matter the time period or conflict era.:beer

atc007
06-06-2012, 06:37 AM
As I type this,I 'm headed into the bedroom to take care of my Dad who fought along side his SEVEN brothers in WW2. The largest family to go and return that we're aware of. Well said Bryan. And from them to you. Thanx

bkm
06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
I know the current state of your father health is not favorable, but thank him for me anyway.

When I try and put things into perspective on what the times were like back then I often reflect on a line from my all time favorite show Band of Brothers.

In one of the opening scenes where they talked to the real life Veterans as they recollected, one guy said that when the war broke out and the Army was accepting volunteers, two guys from his town committed suicide because the Army declined them for whatever reason.

Sit back and let that soak in for a minute.

Bryan Raffa
06-06-2012, 12:29 PM
My mom was born the 6th of june 1944! It was a important day in history!

bkm
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
My mom was born the 6th of june 1944! It was a important day in history!

Well happy B-Day Momma Raffa!!!!!!