PDA

View Full Version : I have found it.. the 3 wheeler of the water world.. (re)introducing.. the wetbike

Deathrocket
06-10-2012, 10:55 PM
its made by arctic cat. its Suzuki powered (thank god) no offense to cat owners. going to look at it tomorrow or Tuesday.. yes its goofy looking, but you can lean these things waaaay over, cant wait to try this thing out on the water! and no the wheels are for rolling it around the shop / yard lol they do not stay on in operation...

tulsamike3434
06-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Looks fun I myself had a bad wreck on a seadoo but I had no idea what I was doing lol...

just ben
06-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I think we have all seen police academy.

Deathrocket
06-10-2012, 11:22 PM
lol just learned that 2 seconds ago.. they say they take a great deal of balance to ride.. so I'm down!

Deathrocket
06-11-2012, 12:09 AM
oh man, If i do get this thing.. I am in for some learning lol, just watched the experts make it look easy. then onto people learning how to ride one.. friggen awesome! lol I hope its worth buying, if it runs i think im gonna get it,

kawasaki666
06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I have riden the Wetbike MANY times. ALOT of fun!!! I have also gone over the bars, jumping it, that's NOT fun! Enjoy!!!

Howdy
06-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I used to own 2 of them. They were fun to ride, but was even better when I sold them. LOL
Howdy

fabiodriven
06-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm amazed that you just called that Wet Bike the "Three wheeler of boating" or whatever Deathrocket. I've always been a huge fan of those (although I've never ridden one) and I've always referred to them as the "Three wheeler of boating". I'm truly amazed that somebody thought the same thing as me.

Personally, I hate boats. I mean, they're fun and all, but the time and money they soak up is utterly ridiculous. With that being said, I WOULD own a Wet Bike. They have always struck a chord with me. I hate boats, and I loathe Suzuki, but I would love to have a Wet Bike someday.

I had a customer come in last year (I'm waiting for him to come back this year so we can chat again) and he was a Wet Bike guru. He knew all about them and is on a Wet Bike forum like our trike forum. We BS-ed for about an hour and the similarities between Wet Bikes and trikes really is funny. People tend to look at Wet Bike owners and Wet Bikes in a similar fashion to the way we get looked at for owning trikes! The guy and I clicked instantly. He's a triker at heart, but he trikes on the water.

Deathrocket
06-11-2012, 07:49 AM
cool. if i can strike a deal with this guy, next time im near ya, I'll bring it down.. it looks like they can be just as dangerous as trikes too, so it looks like i will have to aproach it just like a trike when learning on it, or when leaning on it depending lol....

Deathrocket
06-11-2012, 08:49 AM
and hey! next time ya see the guy with the wetbike, pass along my email to em.. would love to have someone teach me how to ride these things...

Big Mike
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Now that is something I could definetly hurt myself on!!! HAHA.

Deathrocket
06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
yup.. I have always played it safe on the 3 wheeler, well as safe as i can muster, gonna do the same with this thing..

atc300r
06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
http://vimeo.com/4168127

Vealmonkey
06-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Wet bikes are the 2 wheeler of the boating world. There is actually a 3 wheeled pedal trike that goes on the water and they have big orange plastic wheels on them! I don't have a picture of one saved, but trust me, they have them.

wisconsinite
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Wet bikes are the 2 wheeler of the boating world. There is actually a 3 wheeled pedal trike that goes on the water and they have big orange plastic wheels on them! I don't have a picture of one saved, but trust me, they have them.

i remember seeing those on tv when i was a kid!! always thought they would be cooler with a motor, go figure :)

Thorpe
06-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Aqua trike! Sucker would be cool with a 250 motor! 148274

bkm
06-11-2012, 06:38 PM
My buddy had one of these Wet Bikes he called the arm breaker. It sent about three or four people to the hospital over the years with broken arms or wrists. I have to agree with Howdy, I have had about five or six Kawasaki stand-up ski's and the two best days of my life were the day I bought them and the day I sold them.

Fun when they ran, but probably the most frustrating things to work on when they messed up.

I remember seeing somewhere on the intrawebs a guy had one of these Wet Bikes new in the crate and pulled it out and got it running for the first time.

Edit: Here is the crated Wetbike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBfY9lzloMw&feature=related

300rman
06-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Personally, I hate boats. I mean, they're fun and all, but the time and money they soak up is utterly ridiculous. .

You gotta pay to play. Theres something about being out on the water that is just....relaxing.

Jon Boy
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM

HA! Thorpe beat me to it. :lol: :beer

atc350xer
06-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Aqua trike! Sucker would be cool with a 250 motor! 148274Yep, that's what I was expecting when I saw the thread title :lol:

Deathrocket
06-15-2012, 11:35 AM
yeah one of those i think would be better with a 350x motor more torque to spin those huge plastic wheels lol.. one of these days im gonna build that....

Deathrocket
06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
HA! better yet.. THIS!!! 148501 yup.. there it is...

Vealmonkey
06-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I have to give you credit, at least now you know the differnce between 2 and 3.

atc300r
06-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Up here in NY theres a place where they have races on the water with snowmobiles.Flatrock.When they first started these races back in the 90s they had water crossings for atvs aswell and a guy showed up with a 200s with the watertrike wheels adapted to it.The owner rode it on the pond but didnt go very fast, And they wouldnt let him compete on it.

Vealmonkey
06-15-2012, 06:08 PM
After reading the suggestion of putting an engine on the aqua trike, I figured that just about anything over a 3hp lawnmower engine would overpower those wheels and not go anywhere any faster than a larger engine would power it. The tread depth is so small that the wheels wouldn't move much water very effectively or should I say at a very high rate of speed. The thought is pretty cool though.

Thorpe
06-15-2012, 06:19 PM
If a guy was to bolt some deeper paddles on to the wheels... Hmm... Think it would be possible to wheelie on water??

Vealmonkey
06-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Now that would be a you tube video for sure! LOL The big thing is the paddles would have to be sturdy enough not to buckle under the resistance of the water and acceleration. Sound like summertime racing at Raffas! LOL And of course he would be flying the official 3ww speedo!!!! LOL

Thorpe
06-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Sound like summertime racing at Raffas! LOL And of course he would be flying the official 3ww speedo!!!! LOL

Ewww......

DasUberKraut
06-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Now that would be a you tube video for sure! LOL The big thing is the paddles would have to be sturdy enough not to buckle under the resistance of the water and acceleration. Sound like summertime racing at Raffas! LOL And of course he would be flying the official 3ww speedo!!!! LOL

I would also think counterweight in the front so you don't flip it on top of yourself 3 seconds after you hit the gas.

Deathrocket
07-16-2012, 12:26 AM
lol.. well i bought a wetbike.. for $50 bucks lol needs tlc but in nice shape nonetheless...

300rman
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
A company called UltraNautics made those. They also made a Kick ass little jet-boat, the jetstar 1250. We have one of the JetStars, it is a riot of a little boat. Parts for UltraNautics stuff are hard to come by, unless the part you need is a general marine part.