PDA

View Full Version : (VIDEO) Close call in Jawbone Canyon ride

blackwidowmaker
06-11-2012, 03:03 AM
My buddy Ray almost ended the day early for us after sliding off a tight trail not ment for 3 wheelers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G74Ox9Qnp64

coolpool
06-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd say that could've ended badly. Nice country for riding.

dirtflinger66
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Cant tell ya how many times that happens to us out there too. Love the music at the end puts it all together. I love that area so much to do.

atc 250sx
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Nice save!! Looks like a fun place to ride, enjoyed watching those vids of you guys there on You Tube, cool!!

freedog
06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
It does look like fun riding, here in FL I ride a lot of trails through forest, if you see a hill here its called a bridge.

mollie8000
06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
why not ride it up the hill?

blackwidowmaker
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
why not ride it up the hill? ..We thought about that, but just to be on the safe side we just felt pulling it up would be our safe bet..In the vid the hill side dont look steep but i was.If we were to try to ride up it,it would just roost a hole or loop out and the bike would have been a loss.If we would have went down things could have went bad as well, there was some gnarly rocks and stuff..But to tell you the truth,the way we did it with me standing on the cliff edge pulling on a strap was probably the most dumb way out of all of it because if the strap would have broke, then a life could have been lost or very badly beat up...but in all we got the bike out and we kept on :) ..Lots of great riding out at that place (Jawbone Canyon CA) good trail rides and gnarly hill climbs.Lots of camping spots there too..Check it out some day.

JasonB
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
looks like a blast! scary watching the bike slide slowly down that hill, those kind of moments make you rethink everything your doing lol