PDA

View Full Version : please keep my daughter in your prayers.

brapp
06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
ok i have my little girl lilly she will be 4 in october and on friday morning she woke up and couldnt move the left side of her face. she got taken to the doc and beign tested for lymes disease and a few other things, but i have been stressing all weekend and on the verge of a nervous breakdown. the conclusion is she has bells palsey( a type or paralisys that affrects the nervous system and causes muscled to be unresponsive) most cases can be cured with fixing the underlyign problem lymes, disease, hiv, herpies, etc, witch ever causes it. but ther eis abotu a 30% chance she may be permanatly burdened with facial paralisis. its honestly one of my worst fears is something wrong with my lil one.

thestud25
06-11-2012, 10:38 AM
I will keep her in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

steve0196
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
My son had bells palsey when he was 5-6 years old. He got up one morning and we thought he was having a stroke. Scared us to death. He's 27 now and it has come back 3-4 times over the years and completly goes away in 2-3 wks. He woke with it about a year ago just before he was going to be best man in a freinds wedding. He was pissed. The main thing I remember we had to do was keep eye drops in his eye because he couldn,t blink his bad eye. Scary as hell when their that young.

bkm
06-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I hate to hear anytime a little one is sick. I hope she's all better and playing soon.

coolpool
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family brapp.

RaceBannon
06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Stand strong and your prayers will be answered. She will be in the prayers of all. God Bless.

tulsamike3434
06-11-2012, 12:37 PM
OMG I How horrible! I will put her in out prayer chain at church!

rdlsz24
06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Hope she recovers! My older daughter will be 4 in September, she is almost the exact same age

Rob

Vealmonkey
06-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear your little girl is having a rough go of it. She will get better. You have to keep yourself together for her sake since you are her rock, her security. Probably easier said than done, but now is the time for you to be there for her stronger than ever. Hang in there for you as well as her well being.

sp8twn
06-11-2012, 05:42 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Dirtcrasher
06-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Brapp, sometimes your a bit crazy, who isn't.....

I truly hope your daughter pulls through this. She is too young for this crap.

I hope someone, somewhere and some how, she can get the help she deserves.

Anytime you want to vent, do so here or PM me just to talk a bit.

Take care bud,
Steve (dirtcrasher)

jrwebb8324
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter. We will keep her in our prayers.

remsandpets
06-11-2012, 08:08 PM
I as well as my family will keep your precious daughter In our prayers.

oldtime3wheeler
06-11-2012, 08:13 PM
So sorry to hear this Josh. She will be in my families prayers!

stillhunter
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I can't imagine what your family is going through, Our kids are the greatest gift we can ever hope for,and the feeling of helplessness not being able to fix it and make everything alright doesn't help and gets the toughest of us all.Our prayers are with you and yours, try and stay strong

MN250R
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
i will keep your daughter in my prayers

MRSOUND
06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Will keep you and her in our thoughts and prayers. All of us who have kids have all gone through something with them, some more intense than others. As mentioned before you need to be there for her and keep her on an even keel by showing her confidence of a full recovery, and it's time for you to lean on the friends you have on his board for that same comfort. Never met ya (almost decided to come up to your "gathering" but something came up) but got 3 daughters of my own, so open to any discussions you might want to have or if ya just need to vent. Shoot a PM my way and we can exchange #'s if ya like. Sometimes it's easier to talk to someone you have yet to put a face to.
Mike

brapp
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
well i am gettign her tomarow mornign and have speech therapym and deoc apointments, gonan do more testing for possibel causes think there may also be symptoms heavy metal poisining since the older daughter elaina who will be 6 in july has soem fo the same symptoms just without the paralisis but the joint pain and nerve numbness are present so i think lilly is worse from the lymes disease but elaina has some of the same symptoms too. so it is just killing me and no matter what she is my lil girl.

Swinger
06-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Cute kids there Josh. Everything will turn out ok just be positive and stay strong. We are all here for you man.

brapp
06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
we have started physical therapy today. she is very happy and entergetic but it still kills to see her look that way. well keep moving forward and hopefuly progress back to 100% health.

whyzee
06-13-2012, 06:30 AM
In our prayers also.

Bryan Raffa
06-13-2012, 06:59 AM
the stronger you stay,, the stronger Lilli will be! were all here for ya brapp! prayin for you guys!

brapp
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
thank you guys, i have more suport form you guys than some of the so called friends in my day to day life. and things look promising started therapy yesterdaya and on meds to try to isolate the issue causing b/p and its gonan take soem tem to build the control back into her face but she is doing good and stayign strong.

JasonB
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
sorry to hear that! Good luck on getting her the help she needs! I didnt know it could happen to people that young; my uncle had it and that is a scary thing to think about having! Just try to remain calm and keep it together, she looks to you for strength and needs her dad to have his composure! You got this man!

brapp
06-21-2012, 10:43 AM
ok here is an update, she had her 3rd physical therapy session and doign wonderful, she is on antibiotics for her lymes, and hopefuly gettignunder control, and the paralisis has started to weaken and she is startign to be able to control her eye and her mouth again, thank you all for those whop have wished her well and thank you all for your support.

ChrisD
06-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Josh,

I haven't been looking at posts like I should lately. It kills me to hear what you have been going through. I am so happy to read that progress is being made and things are getting better. I, too, am on antibiotics for Lymes right now and have been reading about it. It's a tricky infection, but her prognosis should be good. I have 3 kids, 2 of which are girls and I would kill for them. I can only imagine what you are going through. Hang in there. It will pass, she will get better. I wish you all well.

whyzee
06-21-2012, 06:12 PM
So glad to hear things are looking better !!!

pipeline triker
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
You and your daughter are in my families prayers. Gods word says he stands with us when two or more are gathered together in his name and there are two pages of people gathered together and praying for your daughter, she is healed it just needs to come to fruition.

350XJEDI
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
GOD bless, hope and pray, scary times when the little ones suffer ,but the stronger you and your family stay ,the better for her it will be , she will be ok, be her rock and hold on for the better times.

brapp
07-13-2012, 06:50 PM
well thank you all for your support and prayers, went to therapy and she is still on antibiotics but the bells palsey has almopst completly gone away, a slight speach impediment on soem words but aside from that she is back to her same old self. another week or 2 of meds and we should have it licked!

Bryan Raffa
07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Great News!

Dirtcrasher
07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Brapp, I know your a nut, and I'm not too far behind; I'm sure this has taken your life to other priorities.

But, I sincerely hope your daughter gets well :beer