PDA

View Full Version : new guy but have owned my 84 250r for 17 years

superspec
06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
hey guys, ive had my 250r since i was around 15 or so. girls, cars and growing up got me away from riding. i finally decided that version one of my car was time for a revamp and itll be going away for a while. since ill have spare garage space what better to fill it with than a 250r. ive had this thing for a long time and i havent cranked it in about 8 years. its been sitting at my dads since i moved out. im thinking its time to strip it and restore. the known problems are a worn rear axle. replacing bearings did little to fix the slop. the rear suspension is slow to react. the cyl. has a nice score in it from what i remembering being a needle bearing coming apart at the wrist pin. other than those things this trike is in good to great shape. it has an aftermarket exhaust on it but no idea what brand it is. it was a great running ride when it was put away 13-14 years ago. at one point i was paced doing 81mph one way and 79 the other.

i also have an 85 big red and a 2003 yamaha blaster.

gus
06-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Welcome aboard !! Post some picks of that R you have.you will find this site very helpfull with anything that has to do with trikes !!

superspec
06-11-2012, 07:14 PM
thanks gus. the only pics i have are polaroids from back in that time. other than part numbers im pretty versed in the 250r. mainly just looking for other people who share my love for the R

atc300r
06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome.Iv had my 250rs for twenty plus years they are great trikes.I have a 81,83 and 85

superspec
06-12-2012, 04:46 PM
ive always wanted a water cooler bike but there are very few around here period since we have mainly mud trails.