PDA

View Full Version : My Crazy rabbit murding cat! {WARNING some Blood} not kid safe!

tulsamike3434
06-12-2012, 03:11 PM
So we come from the store and this is what I walked up on! My cat Buster is scared to death of mice but will go outside and murder a rabbit as big as he is and eat the whole thing fur and all! this is like the 4th time he has done this. he has a full bag of cat food he eats out of I don't understand why he feels the need to murder rabbits.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUhrOpLnsk

His full name id Buster Rhymes lol

anyway what a creepy crazy cat!

SteveCZ28
06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
itsa just in a cats nature to catch stuff like that. i had a cat that could catch full grown squirrels and kill them. caught and killed big black birds, rats, mice,rabbits, even caught a big black bat. she is a murdering machine. but she always brought home her catch to our back porch. cats do it as a way to give a gift to their owner. although we may not appreciate it, but they are damn proud of what they do for us.

tulsamike3434
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I just don't get the scared of mice thing???

SteveCZ28
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
lol that is weird....my cat is scared of baby chickens. haha. although she will murder baby birds like its her job

maxdallasfan
06-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Cats are possessed. LOL

atc007
06-12-2012, 04:01 PM
LMAO,you city dudes kill me,,lol..! It's called NATURE !!! Not murder..lol A kitty cat is one of Gods coolest creations IMHO. I am 42 years of age. Had,,100? cats on the farm at least. I have spent exactly ZERO cents on cat food,or dog food. Granted we have a big family and they could survive on our scraps! But they are hunters,,and damn good ones at that! My sis had a cat that brought the dead rabbits to her door and piled them. Didn't eat them,just killed them because she could. The scared of mice thing is very strange however! Ours live on them. Not around the buildings,,but field mice.Your kitty is perfectly normal,,other than the mice! lol

tulsamike3434
06-12-2012, 04:30 PM
How we found out that he was scared of mice is, I caught one in a mouse trap and it just snapped it's tail. So I took it to Buster in the backyard and let it go and it ran straight to Buster and he jumped and ran out of the way!!! Our pit bull however about broke a hole in the fence trying to get it lol. Oh ya that's another thing Buster has out pit-bull IN LINE!!! our bull has killed many wandering cats that he knocks off the top of the fence into the yard, but Buster will walk right up to our bull and paw him right in the face and not think twice about it and "Freckles" our pit bull just sits there and lets him do it??? lol Ill have to get a video of it sometime it's the funniest thing to see.

jb2wheels
06-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I had a cat for years that loved to catch and eat squirrels.
Growing up, I had one that would catch jack rabbits and sidwinders to play with. That cat was bada$$ and only weighed about 7 lbs. You never knew what carcass you'd find on the front porch as an offering.

El Camexican
06-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Dogs may be man's best friend, but I've always liked my pussy best.;)

tulsamike3434
06-12-2012, 05:17 PM
WOW lollololol

Jon Boy
06-12-2012, 05:55 PM
one of the cats at a guys house i work for is only 3legged and climbs the trees and kills adult squirrals. :lol:

my cat Bubby (passed away at 18yo :( ) who was a 16lbs farm cat wouldn't touch a thing. he'd just lay there and let things walk around him all the time. :wondering

El Camexican
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
My little runt of the little cat (way back when) would literally kill thousands of mice every spring, we'd have to sweep them off the steps. Rabbits, bats, gofers, squirrels, moles, every bird you can imagine, she'd kill it. When my Dad's Purple martins would dive bomb her she lay on her back and pretend to be scared until they would get so close she could just snatch them out of the air. (Dad hated her for that). She was a small cat, but when a big dog would come in the yard she'd lure it in and jump on its face. I saw her skull ride a German Sheppard over 100 yards screaming like puppy in a blender. Never saw that dog again (I think she ripped its eyes out) In the end at age 11 a miniature lab bite her back and punctured a kidney without breaking the skin. Died two days later. She was the Old Yeller of cats:(

El Camexican
06-12-2012, 06:10 PM
So if we call it "Pussy" I'm guessing cats call it pussy too, but what do Dogs call it?

Dirtcrasher
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
They are super hunters!

My road was dirt, now it has 55 y.o. seniors driving down it at 50MPH. I don't want to risk letting them out anymore.

They seem happy as long as the windows are open.

If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be dead. I love my little guys........

mollie8000
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
good cats,die rabbits.they eat my wifes flowers,not good

badass350x
06-12-2012, 11:34 PM
So if we call it "Pussy" I'm guessing cats call it pussy too, but what do Dogs call it?

Hummm????? LOL

El Camexican
06-12-2012, 11:57 PM
They are super hunters!

Someone told me once that the cats which curl they're front paws under their forearms when they lay down to rest are the best hunters. So far from my cat experience I'd have to agree. They are also the leanest cats, those fat azz house cats are... pussies

atc007
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
I forget what you called your diving birds,Blue something? Ours are barn swallows,,at my Moms request,,I have Never killed these filthy animals. { Mom's a bird lover} The barn swallows do kill a lot of bugs?? she said. Anyhow,,they build their nests,you guessed it ,in our barns. They crap ALL OVER everything below,tractors,equipment 3 WHEELERS.. Anyhow,,they divebomb our cats. Within MILLIMETERS of the cats backs. They click as they go by the cats back Anyhow,,our neighbor had a kitty that figured out what yours did. He'd go out in the lawn,lay on his back take a cpl dives to let the swallows get all worked up then Swat,swat,,pile up 2 or 3 of them!! Coolest thing ever. I loved that cat. Unfortunately,,it didn't get passed on to any of ours. We are Literally overrun w birds this year. I don't want to shoot them,,,but we are getting overrun w swallows and sparrows.

El Camexican
06-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I forget what you called your diving birds,Blue something? Ours are barn swallows,,at my Moms request,,I have Never killed these filthy animals. { Mom's a bird lover} The barn swallows do kill a lot of bugs?? she said. Anyhow,,they build their nests,you guessed it ,in our barns. They crap ALL OVER everything below,tractors,equipment 3 WHEELERS.. Anyhow,,they divebomb our cats. Within MILLIMETERS of the cats backs. They click as they go by the cats back Anyhow,,our neighbor had a kitty that figured out what yours did. He'd go out in the lawn,lay on his back take a cpl dives to let the swallows get all worked up then Swat,swat,,pile up 2 or 3 of them!! Coolest thing ever. I loved that cat. Unfortunately,,it didn't get passed on to any of ours. We are Literally overrun w birds this year. I don't want to shoot them,,,but we are getting overrun w swallows and sparrows.

They are called Purple Martins. They are a member of the swallow family and have an amazing migration story (even better than a wetbacks!) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Martin. My Dad records the spring sightings of the scout birds (as well as geese and others) and plans his garden seeding around it. Works great. It can take years to develop a big colony and my Dad's houses are now all full for the past 35 years. Anyway, they each eat hundreds of insects a day and if you know anything about Manitoba mosquitoes you know why people love those things. Same goes for your Barn Swallows, but they are messy little buggers like you say. We would wash the nests off the walls with the hose as they were trying to build them because my Dad wouldn’t let me shoot them. They only build when they need to lay eggs, so if you can discourage them to move then, they will stay away until next time. We did however encourage their cousins the Tree Swallows to nest by putting perches on the garage wall and hollowing out logs. My Dad’s a bit of a bird nut, to give you an idea he had over 500 trees on one acre of land at one point (now he has a lot of fire wood and less trees) So anyway, back to cats. I was only allowed to shoot English Sparrows, Grackles, Cow Birds, Starlings, Crows, Magpies and any predatory birds that would stalk the Martins. The cat would follow me around every time I had the pellet gun in my hand (my mini-poodle does this now) and somehow learned which birds she could bring to the house and which ones she needed to hide in mass graves we found after she died. For the most part she abided by my Dad’s hunting rules as far as we knew (We just thought she couldn’t catch anything else) but later we found piles of feathers from Orioles, Blue Jays, Robins, Goldfinches etc. stashed in the garage and in thick brushes. That cat was scary smart. I’m recalling now that sometimes we’d see her two miles from home while out on the trikes and she would run from us like a wild animal when we’d call to her, but then a few hours later she’d come into the house, jump in my lap and start purring.

atc007
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Wow,,A world away and lived parallel childhoods! My Mom was obsessed with our hummingbirds migration,lives,and nests. She always told me if I could take her to a reallife hummingbirds nest. She would by me a Corvette!! She wouldn't have of course,,but this was a VERY humble woman with NO wants for herself. I never made it happen...I tried and tried,,decade after decade. My sis bought her one out of Texas?? they go there to nest and this guy had videos and my sis got his # and got Mom her reallife hummers nest! I too had Many " hunting " cats,,Like you, I had my list of ,,could kill,and do not kill under ANY circumumstances!!! So,out I went with my BB gun,,remember,were on a farm in the middle of nowhere. And I hunted these filthy creatures down! ,,And KNOW all animals are here for a reason,,I am no slayer.. But starlings and swallows just plain RUINED our equipment. But yes,,I remember one day I stepped out of the basement w my bb gun. And my sis was on the fr porch with a cat. that cat tore off the porch to my side like a flash of lightning! He knew where I was going and what he was gonna eat! She was in pure amazement,, She said I have seen good hunting dogs,,but never one that good! As we speak,I have a kitten out on our fr porch. The deck is 12 ft tall. Mommy shimmies up and down that pole every day. No steps. We'll be entertaining company and up pops Kitty!! they about Sh!T themselves! I's SOOOO COOL !! I love cats.

El Camexican
06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
And KNOW all animals are here for a reason

On that note my Dad always insisted that English Sparrows, Starlings, Grackles, Pigeons and Rats came over on ships, so it was our duty to shoot them. I don’t know if that’s true or not. Cow birds have that whole parental responsibility issue, so they were fair game too.

Jon Boy
06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Someone told me once that the cats which curl they're front paws under their forearms when they lay down to rest are the best hunters. So far from my cat experience I'd have to agree. They are also the leanest cats, those fat azz house cats are... pussies
just an old wives tale, my old fat house cat that never hunted curled his paws under all the time when he'd laydown.

my brother's old multi-toe (more than 18 toes) had 8 in back like normal, but 14 in front instead of 10. also it was what we'd call a Cabbit. it kinda looked like it was crossed between a cat and rabbit sorta, nub for a tail with longer than normal feet in the back and no cabbits aren't cross breeds. it was about the smartest cat i've ever came across. would tease and attack dogs. would chase other cats and dogs across the street, but wait if there was traffic. she was about as badass as you could get in a cat IMO. :lol:

El Camexican
06-13-2012, 04:58 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat

Funny you mentioned that. Mine had an extra toe on the front paws.