PDA

View Full Version : YTM 225dxl topend rebuilt *runs* but having carb problems

trikestar
06-12-2012, 09:46 PM
hey guys i just rebuilt the topend on my 84 ytm 225dxl. rebuild consist of new valves/seals, topend gasket set, timing chain/cam sprocket, .025 over bore piston/rings complete with cylinder bore/hone to match. since i had the topend tore down and was waiting on parts i decided to rebuild the carb with timberwolf kit i picked up off ebay. got everything put back together now it want power up and spit/sputters with the choke off *kinda like its starvin for fuel* with the choke on it powers up and runs fine. i tried adjusting the air fuel screw in and out with no luck. ive came this far to hear her run and now im having carb problems so any help or info anybody can share will be appreciated.

tripowersport
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
did the kit have new jets?

tripowersport
06-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Maybe the jet is blocked.

trikestar
06-13-2012, 10:29 AM
did the kit have new jets?yes kit came with all brandnew jets/needles so i doubt there cloged up. do you are anybody think moving the clip up a notch on the float would help ?

trikestar
06-14-2012, 08:52 AM
update... took carb back off and put the original jets back in it and she fired right up and runnin back strong again :D i look at the jets that came in the timberwolf carb kit and there WAY smaller. just a heads up the timberwolf carb kit isnt the way to go for the ytm 225 it will cause your trike to run very lean.

WJG1000W
06-14-2012, 11:41 PM
hell my stock timberwolf runs lean