PDA

View Full Version : New member might be buying a Tri-Z, need some info?

Brittabrat
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi! New here but my dad had a trike (200es) when I was 6 or 7 and it my first atv to ride. Ive been heavily into dirtbikes until I saw a guy on a Honda 250r a few weeks ago and ever since Ive been wanting to on one of my own. I honestly always wanted a 1986 Tri-Z because of the coloration and the 6 speed trans. Anyway not wanted to bore anyone with my life story, I was wondering if anyone can give me some info?

It has perfect plastics, good rims, headlight, original owner, a tear in the seat cover and a small amount of rust on the swingarm (looks only surface). Compression came in at 145psi and it need a new chain and sprocket. Owner is wanting 1000, I was going to give him 800 bucks cash if its all good and call it good.

1) What is there that might be different from a dirtbike to check?
2) Is it fast?
3) How are parts? Most things I see on Yamaha's website are discontinued, but thats mostly just the plastics and big parts.
4) And im being serious... this trike is in Oregon and about a 10hour drive back and forth roundtrip if im lucky, it would be nice to have someone look at it before I drive, but I dont know anyone in the area. Can I strap the damn thing to the top of my car (civic)? I was thinking rear wheels on truck and front tire on my roof? My civic is a POS, so whatever.

Lastly, I am always looking for people to ride with my BF and I. I ride Stand Up Jetskis, dirtbikes, and hopefully a new trike soon :)

kawasaki666
06-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Please post some pics if you pick it up in your Civic!!! Yes it's fast! Some parts are hard to find(if your not a member of 3WW!). This site will be a ride saver, if you get it.

Brittabrat
06-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Im hoping I get it and the guy isn't a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro about it. I'll probably pick it up, take it to the dunes down there for a minute and then come back up home after a day in the woods. Or go to the stealership and get a chain/sprocket set, ride the trails in the tilamook forest, haha.

350XJEDI
06-15-2012, 12:40 AM
:Dgood luck, def post a pic of the trike riding the civic,:lol::lol::lol:

Brittabrat
06-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Highway patrol says it legal... Just gonna strap the crap out of it I guess. Haha I'm down to ride anywhere!