PDA

View Full Version : More than one reverse gear 200es???

jdtench
06-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice trike for sale on Ebay, but check out the description at the bottom...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Big-Red-200-ES-NEAR-MINT-condition-true-collectors-dream-all-original-/180906043699?pt=ATVs&hash=item2a1ed72933#v4-42

3 reverse gears:wondering:wondering:wondering

kb0nly
06-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Just noticed that one earlier today, why does everyone think the 84 has more than one reverse gear?

Flossyb20
06-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Doesn't it...it has a high reverse and a low reverse...???

Jon Boy
06-16-2012, 01:31 AM
that's two, not three though. :lol:

falloutboy
06-16-2012, 03:24 AM
I think what people are thinking is since the reverse is in the sub-trans, you can go through all 5(?) gears in reverse. There might be something that keeps it in 1st gear, or neutral of course, while in reverse

Howdy
06-16-2012, 07:13 AM
Doesn't it...it has a high reverse and a low reverse...???
The Hi, Lo, and reverse in the sub tranny is all on 1 lever. So it isn't possible to use Hi or Lo + Reverse.

1 Lever means you can only pick one of the following: " Hi, Lo or Reverse "

Howdy

kb0nly
06-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Howdy beat me to it, i was just going to point that out as well...

There is something in the trans that locks out the higher gears. When you flip it to reverse you can then only kick it down to first gear, you can't get second gear. I have had it happen where the lever on the sub trans won't go into reverse, this usually is fixed by going to first then back to neutral to unbind something, or put it in first then flip the sub-trans back to reverse. I thought hey what if i put it in second then flipped the subtrans, nope can't do it, with it in second you can flip to low range but if you try to go to reverse its a solid stop that prevents you from pushing it back.

I did all this after seeing an old post on here when searching for some info, someone else thought it had multiple reverse gears and got proved wrong as well.

sledcrazyinCT
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Collectors Dream,ALL ORIGINAL 1984 Big Red 200 ES. This has got to be one of, if not the nicest 1984 Honda Big Reds left in the world. I have been buying and selling three wheelers for almost ten years now and have had lots of nice Big Reds,but none have compared to this true Collectors dream! This trike has all the original parts on it,EVEN THE TIRES. The only thing this ATC needs is a air filter,but starts and runs like brand,brand new. Does't even need the choke to start machine. This ATC starts right up with one push of the electric start,or one pull of the pull cord. This trike idles perfect with no hesitation at all. The transmission shifts perfect through all gears high and low. Reverse shifts perfect through 3 gears. Head light and tail light work. Brakes all work like they did in 1984. I usually clean all my toys for hours before I list them,but I did not even clean this ATC at all. Please come buy and see it for yourself. Money back guaranty on this auction. Thanks #2199161008

Makes you wonder if he has been selling for years and owned lots of big reds that this would be known to only have one reverse.