PDA

View Full Version : 1983 yamaha 200E

atcman12
06-20-2012, 09:02 PM
ok so it starts and runs good but it is pushing fuel through the rear end of the carb an when the airbox is on it forces it to bog and stall? any suggestions is the valve need to be adjusted idk what to do

muthey
06-20-2012, 10:34 PM
your float valve is not shutting off open carb and clean it check for wear on the float valve and remove the float valve seat and inspect the o-ring to make sure it isn't leaking there as well.

atcman12
06-20-2012, 10:42 PM
but it also smokes alot too so does that change anything becuase i have had the carb apart 2 times an cleanid it in acid and everything so that cant be the problem becuas ethe o ring is fine to sir

muthey
06-21-2012, 02:28 AM
what you have is dirty carb denial, lol, it"s ok I have been there myself. It is a gravity fed system, so there is nothing pushing the fuel past the float, did you clean the tank, petcock, and replace the fuel line? Do so, and add a inline filter, then go back through and reclean the carb again. Did you use acid on the float needle, if so is the rubber tip on the float needle hard, and or does it have a visible ring on the rubber where it seats? If yes on either of those questions the float needle is shot, if no there is a chance a fine piece of dirt is in there keeping it open, these carbs can be a royal pain. Did you check the float level, and do your floats leak? I have been here many a times till I found a complete solution. Also if you are leaking fuel that bad you probably need to change your oil now as you more than likely have filled your crankcase with fuel.

muthey
06-21-2012, 02:30 AM
does it leak fuel when it is not running? If not then you have either a valve issue or bad rings, time to do a compression test.

atcman12
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
how do i do a compression test?

Keepah Rolln
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM
You need to find a friend who has a compression tester or buy one at a auto parts store..