PDA

View Full Version : So, who's not at Trikefest, and what do you have planned?

KI4UJO
06-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Myself, I'm running Field Day with a friend of mine, Dylan, KJ4YXY.

What are your non-Trikefest questions?

Thorpe
06-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I am not... :( Work, work, work.....

cattle-dog
06-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I am not , trikefest comes right during hay season and if the weather is good or bad in june it makes time off impossible for the month.

Jason125m
06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not. But I ride all the time. So its all good. I'll be there next year forsure.

remsandpets
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Wishing I was able to be with my fellow riders at TF. But I will be riding this weekend anyway. Probably fishing since the weather is cooling off a bit. 20 degrees cooler over the weekend.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm not there either :cry:

Most of my available vacation time is used up on my family camping trip with my wife, kids, parents and brothers and sister and their kids. What's left is used for opening week of deer season...

I plan to try and make Trikefest at some point when my kids are a little older and will take to the longer trip better. They are 8 and 4 and they are at each others' throats for the hr and a half trip to the wife's parents as it is! LOL!..

I will however be looking seriously at going to if not trying my hand at ice racing at Raffa's this winter weather permitting. Much closer to where I live.

So let's see, what will I be doing this weekend.....

Doing brake work on a friend's pickup. Maybe pull the topend from my new-to-me '03 Z440. Maybe work on this years winter firewood for a while. Pull the sterndrive off my boat to check shift rod adjustment....Always something ;)

code200k
06-21-2012, 07:33 PM
im going next year even if i have to push the trikes there.this year between getting laid off and none of the trikes being ready couldnt make it..Next year though ice fest and trike fest!! forget about the bills.

El Camexican
06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Me no can go:(

RiJiD-WILL
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
sadly im stuck at home, it's all good I am so far away it would take a miracle to get me there this time of year maybe one day when I retire.

there is enough land around me to have my own trikefest it will be a lonely one with just the Family. at least we should all have trikes to ride together on.

atc007
06-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not there either.. Never will be. Nothing against it. My travels include my home state of PA,NY,and an accidental jaunt into NJ !! I do not like travel. I LOVE where I live. I would LOVE to do a get together here. STRICTLY, FAMILY Oriented. Those that don't like that,,wouldn't understand anyhow.... Just the way it would be HERE. I have 153 acres. Lots of room for camping[ just Friday thru Sunday } is what I would plan. Much more social than riding.. Unless we could moxy up enough dough for one HECK of an insurance policy!!! Just thinking out loud here.. It would be in the late summer/ fall to have the dam hay crop off,,lol,,Cattledog, I think I've asked before,,Dairy?,Beef? Or just crops? They've been hiitin it hard this week here!

jays375
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Bill maybe you could do a small get together of local members.I would be up for that one,you aren't that far away from me.is there a lot of trails to ride?I wanted to do Trikefest,work is over loaded.Only just to meet some members and try a little mx racing and drag racing.That was why I wanted to go.The other festivities didn't really interest me,reformed these days.I don't look down on those who have fun other ways while at Trikefest.

Matrix
06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
No BUT I am going to the Salem Super Nats! Anyone else? Its a nice car show and what not in North East Ohio.

And..... they have a burnout pitt... :naughty:

Vealmonkey
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
007, If you have an event, that would be cool, but I would need better directions! LOL I won't try to find you with the GPS this time, that didn't work out well. And I would fill the vehicle up down by williamsport this time.

Chazz of Blades
06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Bill, I'd be down for something like that. Trikefest looks entertaining, but only in regards to things involving trikes. Sitting around raising stock prices(fancy way of saying drinking) just isn't my cup of tea.

cattle-dog
06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
atc007, high quality horse hay horse hay brings the most money and i am all natural no sprays . love my hay burners and my favorite steed is my mule matilda much like riding in a caddy lmao. i would be down for some family riding as long as 2 well mannered cattle dogs would be welcomed !!!!
I am with Chazz i do not drink eather i will not add to the danger of atv/atc riding issue with being drunk and riding,

lastly i am a old school kind of guy much like riding a horse when you fall off its your own problem not the property owner whos land your riding on. when i sling my leg over one of my bikes i know the risk`s and they are solely my own no one elses.

atc007
06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I would love too. I am really torn. I know it would go well,but a lot of work and time. I don't like to do things half ass,and that is frankly what it would have to be. I would want wood ready for a bonfire,no biggy.. By our pond,,which is INFESTED with cattails. I would want the trails cleaned up,,not really a great big deal. maybe just an overnight? I don't know. It would be alcohol free. Again,,those that don't like that,don't understand. As much as I would LOVE to have racing,, there just couldn't be. It wouldn't be Trikefest!! I guess,,anyone interested in a August/ September deal can post up and see what it looks like.

cattle-dog
06-21-2012, 10:13 PM
i could do a overnight leave the dogs with the girlfriend for one night, and you let me know if you need help i could come down earlier the day of the camp out to help prep trails or set up i like hard work.

atc007
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Watch what you offer!! You will probably be taken up on it ! I appreciate it..

jays375
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
I would be interested in a little get together.

cattle-dog
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
i know my way around a tractor/dozer/backhoe or bobcat so we could get some work done in a day with two farm boys working lol

kb0nly
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
This weekend is Field Day for me, been looking forward to it all year. I would have even brought my BR with if for not being in South Dakota for it, i would have had to purchase a temp permit to ride over there for the weekend and it just wouldn't have been worth it money wise.

But packing up the tent and gear and making a full weekend of it!

atc007
06-21-2012, 10:39 PM
No doubt Cattledog !! What I need is a BIG excavator to scoop my pond out.. Nothing to do with trikes per say,But it would be much nicer!! Biggest thing I would need help with would be emptying out the barn,and semi organizing my machines for you guys to enjoy. Not hard work,,but a lot of time. Sounds like a possible get together this year in PA : )

jon jon
06-21-2012, 10:41 PM
working on extendeing my 200x frame... and extending my swinger. wby lol

jays375
06-21-2012, 10:50 PM
I was wondering if you would get your collection out for people to see.

threewheelin-feelin
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
ill be home this weekend too...may hit the local spot...it would just be to expensive of a trip for me.. its ashame trikefest doesnt move around so everyone get a chance to go...but i do understand they have made a great relationship with haspin over the years...hell id like to plan one around here in my area but i doubt many if any would show up..i have a nice riding park within 30 mins of me that would be a good place..or one of the best riding park in the US is about 3 hours from me that would be the ideal place to do it

atc007
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
For sure,but It's more dust than anything right now. Catteldog can def relate. Basically I have 4 old hay mows full, bar to bar.And a complete dairy barn,just a ton of crap.

tulsamike3434
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
well I am having surgery again on both of my feet.

KI4UJO
06-21-2012, 11:10 PM
well I am having surgery again on both of my feet.
That doesn't sound fun. I forgot to mention, at the beginning of next week when everyone is driving back, I'm doing final assembly on my 110.

rdlsz24
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
^^Someday, I will make it to the dunes out there, I WILL!

Rob

swampthang
06-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Once again I'm not at Trike Fest.:( At some point in my life I will make it to TF and Glamis. Both are on my list of things I want to do.

HuffieVA
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
007, If you have an event, that would be cool, but I would need better directions! LOL I won't try to find you with the GPS this time, that didn't work out well. And I would fill the vehicle up down by williamsport this time.

Another victim of the gas station free zone between Williamsport and Blossburg I presume?

aldochina
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
attending a double birthday bash for my 6 and 3 yr old neices!! complete with bounce house, petting zoo, and pony rides!! yay!! a couple of board members and i will be riding in western mass on the 30th though!! double yay!!

tulsamike3434
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
I am going to have to have 2 more operations on my feet next week :(

atc007
06-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Another victim of the gas station free zone between Williamsport and Blossburg I presume?

Lol,,Actually it was a failure of todays technology. No cell service,,no GPS service,,,,,and they were on their own with low gas!!! Could you make it sometime in the Fall/Late summer Rodd?

HuffieVA
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
We'll have to see as summer gets started, I'm not 100% sure right now...

rjs89ia
06-22-2012, 03:12 PM
im not at tf, maybe if i get relocated back east in ok. from az. i might be able to load up and head there. tell you the truth im glad everybodies at tf right now because nobodies scanning ebay all hours of the day and yesterday i scored what i believe to be an almost new st triple for my R off of there. more details on that later.

Chazz of Blades
06-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I won't be able to come this year, I'm scheduled to leave for basic in August, but maybe if it happens, and it happens well, you'll want to do something a bit longer next year, and if I'm not at the DLI in Monterey for another year after training I' be honored to come a couple days early and work to get things ready, it's a heck of a trip for me though.

RiJiD-WILL
06-22-2012, 09:40 PM
add Dumont and Pismo to that list you will be glad you did those were my two favorie riding spots, nothing like waking up on the beach in pismo to a paddle tire thumping the sand or your buddies roosting your tent!

Once again I'm not at Trike Fest.:( At some point in my life I will make it to TF and Glamis. Both are on my list of things I want to do.

swampthang
06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
add Dumont and Pismo to that list you will be glad you did those were my two favorie riding spots, nothing like waking up on the beach in pismo to a paddle tire thumping the sand or your buddies roosting your tent!

I'd love to hit them all up!:D Me and my buddies have talked about just flying out and renting some atvs. I would love to take my 250r in the sand, but the fuel cost to drive my truck acrossed the country would be stupid high. The closest thing we have to sand around here is the badlands but its all pea gravel. Nothing like getting hit with a big roost of pea gravel:crazy:

Maico
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Didn't make it this year. Tearing down the Maico 440 trike I got from theStud25 (Jonathan). Maybe next year.

MRSOUND
06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I would love too. I am really torn. I know it would go well,but a lot of work and time. I don't like to do things half ass,and that is frankly what it would have to be. I would want wood ready for a bonfire,no biggy.. By our pond,,which is INFESTED with cattails. I would want the trails cleaned up,,not really a great big deal. maybe just an overnight? I don't know. It would be alcohol free. Again,,those that don't like that,don't understand. As much as I would LOVE to have racing,, there just couldn't be. It wouldn't be Trikefest!! I guess,,anyone interested in a August/ September deal can post up and see what it looks like.

I would very much like this. Been trying to figure out when would be a good time for another attempt to get to your place anyway. No experience on any heavy equipment but would be willing to throw in a hand getting other things ready/organized prior to the actual gathering as long as we could mesh the date. Even if I couldn't make the actual gathering for some reason (which would stink) I will still help if I can.