PDA

View Full Version : Busted out the sleds today

PowerTrike
11-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Yesterday there wasn't a flake of snow on the ground Here in MN. A winter storm moved in today and now we've got about 12" where I'm at :-D Got all my sleds up and running and went for a spin. It would have been a lot easier to start my Formula if i would have remembered to turn the gas on after about 30min of trying to start it but oh well. :rolleyes: Lots of soft powder, it was great! No action shots yet. So hows the rest of you doing for snow?

84250r
11-23-2003, 09:56 PM
what all sleds do you own?

twgranger
11-23-2003, 10:07 PM
I dont have any snow yet and i live in northern new york, but they are calling for it monday night. :twisted: It will be the first time riding my Z in the snow.

PowerTrike
11-23-2003, 10:28 PM
My sleds
68 Ski-Doo Super Olimpique lol (the ol' rotax keeps on runnin)
88 Ski-Doo Safari (needs some damage fixed)
92 Ski-Doo Formula Plus 580 (main ride)

twgranger: Have fun with the Z!

Dynofox
11-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Very cool! I can't wait to get mine out and whoop on my dad's new rev!

AirManCam
11-24-2003, 08:29 PM
I cant wait! Race season is almost here! December 10th I get to whoop up on them skidonts and polaris's. CATS PRIDE! :D

Dynofox
11-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Airmancam do you have an 04 sno pro this year?

AirManCam
11-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Not yet I am going to pick her up not this weekend but the weekend after. Maby I can get some pics of me racing. I need to get rid of the 02 and keep the 2 03s and get an 04! Cant wait baby! They keep getting better and better and lighter,more hp,better looks!

ScottZJ
11-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Snow? Man its been in the mid 60's here all week. Looks like we have a cold front coming, so we might see 40's. But then back to 60's for turkey day..........peace

84250r
11-24-2003, 11:51 PM
Snow? Man its been in the mid 60's here all week. Looks like we have a cold front coming, so we might see 40's. But then back to 60's for turkey day..........peace

Come up North and you'll see some SNOW alright! :D

honda200
11-25-2003, 06:03 PM
had about 2 cm today, while ago we had about 10 cm, took the quad out, couldnt take the 3 wheeler out cuz my dad was tryin to sell it (i dont want to) but yea, man quads are kick arse in snow!

LONG LIVE SNOW!

Curtis

P.S. i got a 1989 Yamaha Exciter, my friends hate it, my parents like it, I love it, show my friend his polaris 500 aint the greatest anymore ;)]

Curtis

84250r
11-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Not yet I am going to pick her up not this weekend but the weekend after. Maby I can get some pics of me racing. I need to get rid of the 02 and keep the 2 03s and get an 04! Cant wait baby! They keep getting better and better and lighter,more hp,better looks!

Looks,well....The firecats do look good,But i prefer the older style looks.(94-97) I think they looked meaner. As for them getting lighter,that is very true,heh.

AirManCam
11-25-2003, 10:11 PM
No way I think the looks keep getting bigger and more round instead of the old boxy ones but hey lol. Cant wait till I get the new 04 I havent even seen what it looks like yet. :oops:

84250r
11-25-2003, 11:21 PM
Make sure you get pics!!

AirManCam
11-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah hopefully I get some action pics! And race season is in just the right time right after hunting season!!! Huntin season ends the 7th and the season opeaner is the 10th!!

Russell 350X
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
We had about 5inches about a week or so ago, had the Big Red out doin donuts and stuff, having a blast!! If there was more I wouldve got the sled out!

Dynofox
11-26-2003, 02:57 PM
The new 04 sno pro looks pretty hacked up I think. They had to cut up the hood to make the new seat and bars work. It's cat's version of the rev (rider forward positon)

AirManCam
11-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I think the 03 and 02 kill that sled in looks. :rolleyes: But hey lets see what it rides like

kimmer250r
11-27-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry, but Arctic Cat is regressing....their sleds suck! I started with AC, but have watched the fit and finish and quality go straight down the toilet. The F cats are fast in a straight line, but suck anywhere else. The ZR will out perform the new F's anyday. Ski doo has stormed the world of snowmobiling with these REV's. I now am a ski doo rider, and don't plan on going back to cat. Maybe someday they will pull their heads out of their butts and get with the program. Maybe Honda will come out with their sled soon?? That should make things real interesting.

84250r
11-27-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry, but Arctic Cat is regressing....their sleds suck! I started with AC, but have watched the fit and finish and quality go straight down the toilet. The F cats are fast in a straight line, but suck anywhere else. The ZR will out perform the new F's anyday. Ski doo has stormed the world of snowmobiling with these REV's. I now am a ski doo rider, and don't plan on going back to cat. Maybe someday they will pull their heads out of their butts and get with the program. Maybe Honda will come out with their sled soon?? That should make things real interesting.

I'm sorry Kimmer,but they don't. I'll take your REV and eat for lunch. :D :D

kimmer250r
11-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Anytime you want to run that joke, I mean arctic cat, against my rev on the trails....you let me know. Believe me, from an ex-arctic cat rider....the rev WILL embarrass it. You wouldn't be the first AC guy saying bring it on to me. The AC guys are always the first to take offense that their F cats aren't the best in the world, but it is the truth. I've proved it once, I've proved it twice, I'll prove it again. If cat was the best.....I'd be riding it. I've beat the F5 (which is a JOKE!), and the F6 in a straight drag and beat both. The F7 however is a different story. It had me by 2 sled lengths in straight line, but could beat him in the trails. The F7 is probably the quickest 700 cc sled I have seen for lake racing. I believe it was even beating the 03 800 rev, but I know the 04 800 HO rev is stomping it. Look at Haydays....REV #1 in all classes except the 700 stock class that ac took with the F7. Even the dealers at leaders say that the F cats aren't the greatest, and that the rev is pretty much the best sled out right now. I'm sure over the next 2 years you will see alot of changes to the F series and pooplaris to try to copy the rev. It's evolution, but in the end, the consumers (us) will benefit by having better sleds.

84250r
11-27-2003, 09:04 PM
I could care less what you have beaten. Mine is not a joke. I have put many of your REV buddies on my no good list. You will be just another one on there,no biggie. I wont spit and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro,ill just snowflake your face and your pretty hood.

P.s. Im just sitting here with a full belly of turkey,laughing at you. I doubt we will ever meet,but if we do,im up for it .

kimmer250r
11-27-2003, 09:13 PM
So whats this BIG BAD arctic cat that you ride?? I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of this SO CALLED rev killer. But most likely, your another F cat guy crying over the amount of money you wasted. Sorry for your misfortune...lol.

P.S. Dooing the same belly full of turkey thing as you. LMAO

84250r
11-27-2003, 09:19 PM
So whats this BIG BAD arctic cat that you ride?? I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of this SO CALLED rev killer. But most likely, your another F cat guy crying over the amount of money you wasted. Sorry for your misfortune...lol.

P.S. Dooing the same belly full of turkey thing as you. LMAO

Nope not crying,only the women can make me cry,BUAHAAHAH :rolleyes:

I've never owned a Firecat ,and probably never will. I have a zr 800 and a zrt 600.
You can just call me Santa ZR/T,as your being bad right now,i will still bring presents.

kimmer250r
11-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Now see, I gave props to the ZR's because thats what I used to have..The zr 800 will beat my 600 ho...won't beat it in the trails, but straight line you'd spank me. The zrt, won't beat me though...not stock vs. stock. The 04 800 ho will take the zr 800 though..now, the only thing ac has going for them is that damn ZR 900...that thing still kicks ass! As for my posts, I was talking about the new F cats being trash. I hope AC doesn't do away with the zr series all together. I think that would be a bad move on their part.

84250r
11-27-2003, 09:29 PM
I DO have to say,Arctic cat has been letting me down some(i think they just need to fire the odd balls). I do like my triple,thats to bad they let'em go:(

As for Firecats,wellll.... will just leave at that. LOL

Dynofox
11-28-2003, 12:12 AM
I agree the f-cats fit and finish is a joke. Our local polaris/doo/cat dealer has a brand new f6 and I was checking it out and I couldn't believe how much stearing slop it had. I rode a pair of f7's last year and they handled lifted a ski in every corner and the tool pouch under the seat is right in my crotch. :evil: The only cat I would look at is the 900zr. My dad has an 04 rev 800ho with a dynoport single, tempa flow, cudney clutching and 168 studs and in the drags we did a few weeks ago it didn't look good compared to my piped xc 7. Once his loosens up it should be about even since both sleds are 145+hp, and with my weight advantage being taken up by his sled weighing a little less than mine. I can't wait to see how they compare in the trails though since mine a quite a few suspension and handling mods.

kimmer250r
11-28-2003, 12:49 AM
Hope you ride your dads rev in the trails this year dyno....I think you'll switch over to one when you get a full day on one. I have not seen a sled take a rev yet in the trails. It's like being on rails! My salesman at my dealer sold his F7 due to the 10 recalls and the fact he couldn't control it through the trails. He ended up getting the ZR900 and he loves it. He said he would rather ride a rev in trails and big bumps, but his whole house is done up for arctic cat...lol. Each manufacturer has good points, but ski doo finally hit the bullseye. Hope we all get some snow soon, I've been riding around my house and the lawn is looking rough.

Dynofox
11-28-2003, 12:59 AM
I've got the doo precision skis and ad bovin front end kit on the front of my sled and it rails in the corners. Those dual runner skis work great other than in really fluffy snow.

Trikeaholic
11-28-2003, 09:05 AM
I bought an MXZ670 brand new in 97. It was a 98 model, and the wife bought a ZR440 brand new leftover 97. We rode everychance we could get. Then for 2 winters in a row, there was no snow around here and I had sold my trailer. Plus, we did not like to go somewhere where we were always getting lost! When she got herself pregnant for the second time, we sold them. I really want to start sledding again, and a REV 800 is what Im looking at! She is still a Cat lover, but me, Im a Rotax fan through and through.

AirManCam
11-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Kimmer every one of my sleds will walk all over your little rev. I have beat 800 revs last winter. They suck! Espicially the way they ride. I would like to see a ski-doo even touch my 440. It just wont happen. My sled weighs about 460 lbs and has 120 hp I dont think your sled is going to tuch it. :rolleyes:

kimmer250r
11-28-2003, 05:22 PM
hate to burst your bubble amc, but the 600ho is equal is power and equal in weight. Yours has a take off advantage, but not top end. And for you taking out 800's...your full of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. period. Thats the problem with everyone who owns a sled. They want to talk it up like their sled will beat anything. A 440 is not gonna take a 800....ever. That's like me claiming my 600ho will take a arctic cat thundercat 1000. :shock:

P.S. You can go DIRECTLY to skidoo's homepage and look at the specs of the 600ho rev......454 lbs dry weight and 120hp....just so you know the facts. Next time you want to bullshit someone, bullshit someone that doesn't know anything about sleds.

Dynofox
11-29-2003, 01:03 PM
AMC how are you getting 20 more hp out of that 440? Those 440's come pretty tweaked from the factory. Not saying it couldn't be done but that thing would be so high stung and peaky and would need to run 110 octane fuel. I'd also like to see how your 440 with 120hp (if it actually has that) is going to take an 800. That is unless the guy on the 800 has no idea how to set his sled up. If it did really happen that’s awesome and defiantly something to brag about, I just have a hard time seeing it happen. I used to have a 99 xcr 440 (105hp) with a 1.25 track, 96 studs, v-force reeds and goodwin clutching and it ran great, but couldn't touch my dads old twin piped 99 xc 700 with 135hp past 30mph. That's one of the reasons I got rid of the 440 for a series of 700 twins, 99 xc 700, 01 piped xc 700, and now 02 piped xc 700. I don't know why we're all arguing about this stuff though, kind of pointless. All I know is I love sledding and am really impressed with the machine I have.

AirManCam
11-30-2003, 03:09 PM
I never said I beat them on my 440. I take them on the holeshot but then they just go by me cuz my sno-pros arent ment for topspeed. I have found that out the hard away more then once :rolleyes: Here are some mods in the 02. I got the heelclicker kit,Black majic 711cc invader kit, the other 02 Is completly stock. The 03-Where to start. I hace a sno-X helix with a 59 degree angle. C&A pro skiis, Super HearthThrob clutch kit,Black Magic power pipes,38mm Mikuni carbs,68mm pistons,Tru Pitch sprockets, K&N airfilter,Vforce reeds,50-50 110 octane I think I may be a little over 120 hp. :D And kimmer you will take thundercats on take off they are lke a tanks. But then they will catch up and loose you like nothing.

HemiChallenger71
11-30-2003, 03:30 PM
I just got a Arctic Cat sled of some sort, It says Jag on the side, and is pretty beat up but runs well. Light enough for 2 people to carry, and I think it has a 250 or 340 engine. I cant find any tags that say the size though, all I have are #'s. I think it's a race sled because it has no rear suspension, and is all fiberglass and aluminum with a small gas tank. The track is mean also, has steel strips with studs in them. It pulls the front skis up pretty well and is the fastest sled I've ever ridden. Anyone ever deal with or own a machine like this? I should also add it's clutched, and doesnt engage untill 5,000 RPM.

Billy Golightly
11-30-2003, 04:25 PM
... I should also add it's clutched, and doesnt engage untill 5,000 RPM.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Talk about a high stall :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dynofox
11-30-2003, 05:37 PM
AMC, sounds like you have some nice sno pro's. What's that 711 kit putting out for hp? Mid 140's? Are you running the 03 in the open class or does the circut you race in allow aftermarket pipes on the 440's?

AirManCam
11-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Yeah I will try to get some race pics up after the season starts! Yes the 711 makes mid 140s. My circut allows aftermarket pipes,But I am racing in pro open classes