PDA

View Full Version : Near disaster while riding.

Advanced
06-24-2012, 09:31 AM
First off, I apologize to you all for my rudeness last week. It was a long and hectic week, and I was venting.

I went riding the Yamaha 200 yesterday on some really sweet local trails and the throttle stuck just as I reached the top of a hill climb.

The trike went apeshit, bouncing and screaming in 2nd gear. I know, hit the kill switch. EASIER SAID THAN DONE. So the trike kicked me off the back (kind of a half-ass bail-out) and took off down the trail. It ghost rode about 25 yards into some bushes, somehow did a 180 and turned around, and ghost rode back the other way, launching itself over a little bump and into some other bushes, where it finally rested (the throttle still screaming). Never tipped over once.

I ran up and killed it, only to find that the shifter bent downward, both foot pegs bent, and the back axle somehow slid slightly to the left. I see no bend or damage otherwise. I will obviously need a new throttle cable. It also jammed a rock inbetween the rime and the tire bead, so the tire went flat.

Now I was wondering with the back axle slid over like that, do I have to replace the seals and bearings? Both the axle and seals and bearings are literally brand new. Obviously I need to position it back to where it was.

Advanced
06-24-2012, 09:49 AM
I posted this very same thread in the commencement forum, with pics.