PDA

View Full Version : Reed Spacers

TimSr
11-23-2002, 01:56 PM
The theory is that they are supposed to improve low end. Has anyone used a reed spacer, that can say with any experience whether the spacer alone makes any difference? Mosy guys who use spacers do so when they also change reeds, and cant determine whether their gains were realized by the reeds, or by the spacer.

ATC crazy
11-23-2002, 06:19 PM
I rode my brothers 250R before and after he put his in and I could tell a bit of difference on lw end. On this one trail, I didn't have to shift from 3rd to 2nd for the first time going up it and during drag races it started to pull right off the line. I'd say a max of 1-3 HP difference on the bottom end.

MIK6
11-23-2002, 06:57 PM
TIM.
I put a V-Force Delta system into my TECATE. V-Force has a built in reed spacer, it is alot thicker than stock. I noticed a gain in lowend also, but I cant tell if its the thickness or the reeds. All I can tell you is that I will have V-Force in the next TECATE!!

LATER
MIK6 / Mike

MustangChris
11-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey MIK6,
On that V-Force Delta is there any other modds that have to be done to the motor. Like having to move the carb back to allow for the thicker spacer? Or changing the jets or air/fuel mixture?

How much do they run for and who sells them?

I'm looking to put some upgrades on my tecate but the future wife has both hands on my money.

Instinctz
11-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Then you better tell her to recognize who's money that is!!! :twisted:

MIK6
11-24-2002, 11:42 PM
CHRIS
I didn't have to do anything to the carb. I run a stock 85 T3 carb that has been bored to 38 1/2mm, as big as it can go. It has had the jetting changed already. You will not have to move the airbox, it is only about 3/8th thick. The rubber boots will take up the difference, but they are harder to get on. You can get a V-force system anywhere, but they are not cheep. Between $120 and $150, but you do get more power w/ them.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike