PDA

View Full Version : YTZ250S Radiators

boxburn
06-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd like to start my first post by saying hello to the community!

Among a list of other problems (seized swingarm bolt being the main one) the radiators for my YTZ250S are in need of replacement, they will do for the time being but could do with replacing. As they are no longer produced I can only find used ones in not the best quality and the prices of them are high especially when we (me and my brother) have other problems to fix and buy parts for so I'm wondering if there are any other radiators which could be put onto the trike. Making a new bracket to hold them is not an issue so does anyone know of any cheap radiators (preferably under £50) that would fit in the radiator's spot?

Thanks to anyone who can help, it is appreciated.

Jcormode
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
If your not bothered about making new brackets then possibilitys are endless try tmx spares and give him some diamentions and I'm sure he'll have some. I do take it they your uk with you putting£'s instead of $? As long as you can fit your rad shrouds on I shouldn't see a problem. I'm in the process of doing mine up and want bigger rads and going to anodise them blue with some nice hose's. Let me know how you get on.

Jcormode
06-28-2012, 06:28 AM
Oh n with regards to your swingarm. Good look! Soak it in wd40,heat it up with Oxy, acetaleen and give it some elbow Greece. Buy your bearings first as yamaha's ain't cheep.

boxburn
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks! Trust me with the swingarm, lots of WD40, I have used some Oyx-acetaleen but the tanks running low so I can't use much more, we have even wedged a drift into it and luckily got it back out with a huge crow bar. It is going to come out soon whether we manage it or it has to be taken to the engineering place down the road and pressed out. I'll be sure when the time finally comes to ask tmx spares with dimensions.

Jcormode
06-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Wow sounds like that baby's well in there. Beats me. Sorry dude.
GOOD LUCK

boxburn
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I think I need it.