PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Honda 200 Problems. HELP!!!!!

chrismoore
06-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok I have a 1982 Honda 200. When I bought it, it would bob up and down on pavement and shake you to pieces. I assumed it was the front wheel bearings so I replaced them and it still does it. It is getting on my nerves. It works fine on dirt but on any pretty solid surface (pavement, gravel) I can hardly keep it straight. I don't ride much on pavement (only a couple miles to some trails) but I just can't hold it steady while trying to get to them. It does have front fork extenders but I don't know if they could be causing the problem. I really need to know what all I should look at to get this problem fixed so I can enjoy my trike. Thanks.

thestud25
06-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Have you checked your fork alignment to see if they are straight? Have you checked to make sure that your axle is not bent? Have you checked to make sure you have the same rear wheel circumference and air pressure?

Keepah Rolln
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
warped rim or somethings bent...what kind of tires you got on her lets see a couple pics of the back of the trike

Keith Salyer
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Put it on a milk crate and run it through the gears.

Keith Salyer
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
opps, you will see right away if it's a front end problem or a axle/wheel problem

kb0nly
06-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Most common causes in my experience, the steering bearings, different tire pressures on the rear, bent axle, bad wheel bearings.

chrismoore
06-28-2012, 12:11 AM
i just set it up on a brick earlier and found the front tire is pretty bad. it has a weak spot and a huge knot on the side of it that i completely overlooked. im getting a new tire soon to try it out.