PDA

View Full Version : The SCOTUS has failed us!!

thestud25
06-28-2012, 11:25 AM
The Supreme Court of the United States of America has failed us. The failed to uphold the Constitution and repeal Obamacare. The failed all the men and women who have fought and died to protect and keep the Constitution. Congrats to the 50% of Americans that pay taxes, because once again you will be forced to shoulder those that do not. We need to wake up and change this country now, before there is nothing left. Another sad day in America......:cry:

El Camexican
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
… and wait till you see what "free" health care looks like after a day in the waiting room.

I grew up being told that Canada was always about 7 years behind the US in terms of growth, innovation, education and modernization. Now ya'll seem to be hell bent of totally fu**ing up what I always thought was a great country.

rjs89ia
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
nothing like being the lower class if not the lowest of the world now, it doesnt matter how much money i work for it doesnt hold face value anywhere else pretty soon ethiopia is gonna be passing us with their middle finger flying.

El Camexican
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
nothing like being the lower class if not the lowest of the world now, it doesnt matter how much money i work for it doesnt hold face value anywhere else pretty soon ethiopia is gonna be passing us with their middle finger flying.

Look at the bright side; it will be our tax dollars that paid for the manicure on the nail of that middle finger thats flipping us.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
R.I.P. USA
1776-2012

If we don't turn this ship around and SOON, today will be marked in history as the beginning of the end for us. Mark my words. That's all I have to say.

350XJEDI
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
:welcome:welcome to the sociolist states of obama!!!:(:(:crazy: freedom :banned::banned

CorbinKale
06-28-2012, 11:33 PM
In my opinion, Roberts just made the Constitutional play of the decade. Not only did he completely hamstring the progressive abuse (pun intended) of the Commerce Clause, he has the Democrats praising his vote. By ruling the AHA Constitutional, because it is a tax, he forces the administration to admit they have been lying to the public for the last three years and hands the Republicans the wedge issue they were lacking. On top of that, this ruling reinforces State Sovreignty by recognizing States' Rights to opt out of the Medicaid increase mandates.

The real kicker is that he has placed the issue squarely back in the hands of the Sovreign, We the People. With 66% polling against Obamacare, Roberts basically handed the Republicans the Senate and Whitehouse in November. Obamacare is then repealed with no threat of veto. Whether the Republicans will squander this gift or not, is another question, entirely.

Most of the pundits haven't caught on to this yet, but they will before the week is out. The progressives are convinced they won the day, but they really just lost the war.

brapp
06-28-2012, 11:56 PM
see what happens when you take the power out of the peoples hands when half the people are incomptent of themselves

Dirtcrasher
06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey, I get 20 calls a day for the apartments. 75% of them get welfare of SSI/SSDI (or section 8) yet they are certainly able to work. Thats just ME, imagine how bad it is overall????

I know jobs are scarce, but no one seems to even try :(

TecateDan
06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
I agree with corbin on the technical aspect of the ruling but also agree with every body that says its bullshit

brapp
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
the worst part is they are diggign us further and further int he hole i say take it away from everyone and force them to freakin work/

greenhuman
06-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Can someone please explain in simple terms what's going on over there? Sounds serious.
Lucky us in Australia are now getting the world's highest "Carbon Tax" which is meant to save the whole world from BS Global Warming. Electricity prices have now just increased 18%. This is bad as we already have the world's most expensive electricity. A lot of elderly people now have to choose between having a hot meal or being cold.

maxdallasfan
06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Since the govt can't even run the postal service successfully.......need I say more.

Dirtcrasher
06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Truly, I never knew so many people got a check sitting on their arse.

I am just ONE landlord and they all get a cash balance, cell phone and a 200$ food stamp credit.

That stuff is all provided by the rest of US!!

TecateDan
06-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Alexander Tyler said in the early 1800's " A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy"

300rman
06-30-2012, 12:36 AM
A lot of elderly people now have to choose between having a hot meal or being cold.

thats the point. Kill off the elderly, and make life's luxuries (air conditioning and travel) so expensive, only the rich can do it. thus practically enslaving the majority of the populace.

300rman
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
In my opinion, Roberts just made the Constitutional play of the decade. Not only did he completely hamstring the progressive abuse (pun intended) of the Commerce Clause, he has the Democrats praising his vote. By ruling the AHA Constitutional, because it is a tax, he forces the administration to admit they have been lying to the public for the last three years and hands the Republicans the wedge issue they were lacking. On top of that, this ruling reinforces State Sovreignty by recognizing States' Rights to opt out of the Medicaid increase mandates.

The real kicker is that he has placed the issue squarely back in the hands of the Sovreign, We the People. With 66% polling against Obamacare, Roberts basically handed the Republicans the Senate and Whitehouse in November. Obamacare is then repealed with no threat of veto. Whether the Republicans will squander this gift or not, is another question, entirely.

Most of the pundits haven't caught on to this yet, but they will before the week is out. The progressives are convinced they won the day, but they really just lost the war.

Exactly. It is not SCOTUS's job to protect us from the politicians we put into office when they make a decision we dont like. The People put this moron and his cronies into office, now we have to live with his policies.....But now that the progressive liberals have shown their true colors, I agree with you completely that they just lost the war. Unless our "grand dictator" declares himself to be the "supreme commander" and declares future elections to not take place.......

I bet this election gets even more voter turnout than the last.

RIDE-RED 250r
07-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Alexander Tyler said in the early 1800's " A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy"

Which is why our country was founded not as a democracy, but a representative republic.

The only problem is the "representatives" no longer represent the people, but serve their own ambitions. We need to inject a sense of accountability back into our government.

Scootertrash
07-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Which is why our country was founded not as a democracy, but a representative republic.

The only problem is the "representatives" no longer represent the people, but serve their own ambitions. We need to inject a sense of accountability back into our government.

Excellent post RIDE-RED!! Far too many people don't understand this!!

People need to research who they want to vote for before they vote. Vote for them based on their past actions, not their "promises".

300rman
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Its the same thing. The people have figured out who to vote into office that will give them money from the treasury.....

Maico
07-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Term limits are in great need of too. You get 4 years to make it happen or you're out. If you make it happen...great. At the end of your 4 years...you're out. No more of these Strom Thurman and Ted Kennedy types....making their entire living by living off of OUR paychecks.