PDA

View Full Version : 1984 atc 200s New owner old trike,

VaTrikeGuy
06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, im the proud owner of an 84 and 85 atc200s's the 85 runs really good, but the 84 is something else, I got them and they were in sad condition, one running one not, and bucket of parts. The 84 is not running, and I have the motor off the chassis, as I could not get it to runand Im going to do an oil change and clean up the frame and motor. This is where I have some questions and need help from some of you trigear heads.

When I got it, the previous owner said he reringed it 3 times already, so that's telling me the top end is worn out, my opinion.
should I rebuild it with a big bore kit or just a complete top end rebuild kit?
If I go with a big bore kit,, which one?
same with a rebuild.
should I replace the stator/ resistor/rectifier? what about the cdi control box?
Where can I find a trunk lid for the rear fenders?

I used to have an atc 110 and it was fantastic, greatest fun ive had was riding that, until it was stolen, now 10 years later I have these and I need help

jb2wheels
06-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Need more info. What does, "Doesn't Run" mean?
How's the compression and leak down numbers look? Those will answer your rebuild question.
Does it make spark? That answers your ignition questions.

VaTrikeGuy
06-29-2012, 07:48 PM
ok , sorry for the lack of info, im pretty new to the whole forum thing too, its always been fend for yourself on my end. lol
ok by "not running", It has spark, its getting fuel (new carb tuned), have not checked the compression values yet,( gotta dig out the gauges), with the old finger over the hole, it wants to suck my finger in on the downstroke and I cannot keep it on the spark hole on the upstroke.
another question,,,, with the valve cover off and the side cover off of the motor where should the timing marks be in relativity to each other? This is my first time working on the 200s

jb2wheels
06-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Oh - you need a manual:

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/

I have a printed copy of the 200s PDF I think. PM me if you want it and I'll ship it to you.

Where did you get the carb? Did you clean it and set the float? Is it one of the Chinese copies? My 200x had one (on the Loncin engine) that ran great but I had to fatten up the jets.

jb2wheels
06-29-2012, 09:06 PM
With the 85 running you can do some troubleshooting by swapping parts. I'd swap the carbs first just to see.

If you're getting a spark, I wouldn't spend the $$ on a stator or coil or anything yet.