PDA

View Full Version : Here is a pretty good explaination of what happen with the Obamacare ruling......

Scootertrash
06-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Hopefully this will clear things up for most of you. It's a long read, but suck it up and read it

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/06/9398-why-chief-justice-roberts-made-the-right-long-term-decision-with-obamacare/

Before you look to do harm to Chief Justice Roberts or his family, it’s important that you think carefully about the meaning – the true nature — of his ruling on Obama-care. The Left will shout that they won, that Obama-care was upheld and all the rest. Let them.

It will be a short-lived celebration.

Here’s what really occurred — payback. Yes, payback for Obama’s numerous, ill-advised and childish insults directed toward SCOTUS.

Chief Justice Roberts actually ruled the mandate, relative to the commerce clause, was unconstitutional. That’s how the Democrats got Obama-care going in the first place. This is critical. His ruling means Congress can’t compel American citizens to purchase anything. Ever. The notion is now officially and forever, unconstitutional. As it should be.

Next, he stated that, because Congress doesn’t have the ability to mandate, it must, to fund Obama-care, rely on its power to tax. Therefore, the mechanism that funds Obama-care is a tax. This is also critical. Recall back during the initial Obama-care battles, the Democrats called it a penalty, Republicans called it a tax. Democrats consistently soft sold it as a penalty. It went to vote as a penalty. Obama declared endlessly, that it was not a tax, it was a penalty. But when the Democrats argued in front of the Supreme Court, they said ‘hey, a penalty or a tax, either way’. So, Roberts gave them a tax. It is now the official law of the land — beyond word-play and silly shenanigans. Obama-care is funded by tax dollars. Democrats now must defend a tax increase to justify the Obama-care law.

Finally, he struck down as unconstitutional, the Obama-care idea that the federal government can bully states into complying by yanking their existing medicaid funding. Liberals, through Obama-care, basically said to the states — ‘comply with Obama-care or we will stop existing funding.’ Roberts ruled that is a no-no. If a state takes the money, fine, the Feds can tell the state how to run a program, but if the state refuses money, the federal government can’t penalize the state by yanking other funding. Therefore, a state can decline to participate in Obama-care without penalty. This is obviously a serious problem. Are we going to have 10, 12, 25 states not participating in “national” health-care? Suddenly, it’s not national, is it?

Ultimately, Roberts supported states rights by limiting the federal government’s coercive abilities. He ruled that the government can not force the people to purchase products or services under the commerce clause and he forced liberals to have to come clean and admit that Obama-care is funded by tax increases.

Although he didn’t guarantee Romney a win, he certainly did more than his part and should be applauded.

And he did this without creating a civil war or having bricks thrown threw his windshield. Oh, and he’ll be home in time for dinner.

Dirtcrasher
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Seems like we have no choice other than waiting for rulings.

It's all the same, from A to Z.

No one seems to care what the people want.....

If this election ends up being Obama VS Romney, you are aware that we the people lose in either situation.

Good luck to the USA!

brapp
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
i say elininate the over paid jobs of people in congress and put some fo the people form diffrent branches of the military in there, they know what they were fighting for and hopefuly have the best intrest of this country at heart, have local county reptresentatives who report to a state representative or possoble 2 state representatives , limit welfere and assistance and reward ambition, force people to work and punish thoise with felony records, piss test for asistance if unable to work, and close boarders and enforce the borders and the imagration laws, i may be wrong but then so be it its just an idea and a oppinion.

dcreel
07-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Trump on Obamacare

"Let me get this straight . . .

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a... President who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!

What the hell could possibly go wrong?"

Scootertrash
07-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Trump on Obamacare

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a... President who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!

But it's free!! :rolleyes:

yaegerb
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Trump on Obamacare

LOL!!! F'n Brilliant Dcreel! I may borrow your quote.....

atc007
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Trump on Obamacare

That's IT Doug.. I'm writing you in.. Anyone else??! VERY well put.

Flossyb20
07-01-2012, 06:08 PM
You guys are looking at this thing all wrong. Roberts is no idiot, and we need to realize that. Basically what this man did was ensure that Obama will not be re-elected. While the Dems are out celebrated this hollow victory, the majority of the people in the US are scared to death that the US government is forcing them to do something that they used to have a choice about...meanwhile Mr Romney and crew has pretty much set their entire campaign on repealing this law if he's elected. If the Supreme Court shot it down, then Romney would have nothing to campaign on. So, like I said, this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for Obama's re-election campaign, as most hard-working americans like ourselves see Mitt Romney as our only way out of this, and it will work. Now, everyone on this site needs to get out there in November and VOTE!!!!

bkm
07-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Obama will be re-elected. The Media will make sure that happens you watch. Plus 9 out of 10 dead people vote Democrat.

greenhuman
07-02-2012, 06:03 AM
You guys are looking at this thing all wrong. Roberts is no idiot, and we need to realize that. Basically what this man did was ensure that Obama will not be re-elected. While the Dems are out celebrated this hollow victory, the majority of the people in the US are scared to death that the US government is forcing them to do something that they used to have a choice about...meanwhile Mr Romney and crew has pretty much set their entire campaign on repealing this law if he's elected. If the Supreme Court shot it down, then Romney would have nothing to campaign on. So, like I said, this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for Obama's re-election campaign, as most hard-working americans like ourselves see Mitt Romney as our only way out of this, and it will work. Now, everyone on this site needs to get out there in November and VOTE!!!!
I'll vote if someone pays my airfare!

threewheelin-feelin
07-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Obama will be re-elected. The Media will make sure that happens you watch. Plus 9 out of 10 dead people vote Democrat.

ill put money on him getting re-elected...i cant even began to tell you how many people i argued with telling me he would never get elected...unfortunatly its the race card and he is seen as a hero by people that have never voted before in there life till he came along...and it will happen again:cry:

300rman
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Is there one major group where Obama has gained since 2008? Will anyone in America wake up on election day saying “I didn’t vote for Obama 4 years ago. But he’s done such a fantastic job, I can’t wait to vote for him today.” Does anyone feel that a vote for Obama makes their job more secure?

Interesting read.....

*Black voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. His endorsement of gay marriage has alienated many black church-going Christians. He may get 88% of their vote instead of the 96% he got in 2008. This is not good news for Obama.

*Hispanic voters. Obama has nowhere to go but down among this group. If Romney picks Rubio as his VP running-mate the GOP may pick up an extra 10% to 15% of Hispanic voters (plus lock down Florida). This is not good news for Obama.

*Jewish voters. Obama has been weak in his support of Israel. Many Jewish voters and big donors are angry and disappointed. I predict Obama's Jewish support drops from 78% in 2008 to the low 60’s. This is not good news for Obama.

*Youth voters. Obama’s biggest and most enthusiastic believers from 4 years ago have graduated into a job market from hell. Young people are disillusioned, frightened, and broke- a bad combination. The enthusiasm is long gone. Turnout will be much lower among young voters, as will actual voting percentages. This not good news for Obama.

*Catholic voters. Obama won a majority of Catholics in 2008. That won’t happen again. Out of desperation to please women, Obama went to war with the Catholic Church over contraception. Now he is being sued by the Catholic Church. Majority lost. This is not good news for Obama.

*Small Business owners. Because I ran for Vice President last time around, and I'm a small businessman myself, I know literally thousands of small business owners. At least 40% of them in my circle of friends, fans and supporters voted for Obama 4 years ago to “give someone different a chance.” I warned them that he would pursue a war on capitalism and demonize anyone who owned a business...that he’d support unions over the private sector in a big way...that he'd overwhelm the economy with spending and debt. My friends didn’t listen. Four years later, I can't find one person in my circle of small business owner friends voting for Obama. Not one. This is not good news for Obama.

*Blue collar working class whites. Do I need to say a thing? White working class voters are about as happy with Obama as Boston Red Sox fans feel about the New York Yankees. This is not good news for Obama.

*Suburban moms. The issue isn’t contraception…it’s having a job to pay for contraception. Obama’s economy frightens these moms. They are worried about putting food on the table. They fear for their children’s future. This is not good news for Obama.

*Military Veterans. McCain won this group by 10 points. Romney is winning by 24 points. The more our military vets got to see of Obama, the more they disliked him. This is not good news for Obama.

Obama is going to have a tough time getting re-elected. You hear that he sent Clooney overseas to have fundraisers for his campaign in Europe?

RIDE-RED 250r
07-02-2012, 07:55 PM

That's all well and good,

BUT!

It is not for the Supreme Court to engage in politics in any way, shape, or form. They are to determine the constitutionality of legislation by checking the legislation in question against the written text of our constitution and in intent of the framers. Anything other than that is judicial avtivism, pure and simple.

Now, I recall many radio personalities I listen to on a regular basis saying that Obama's chances for re-election would be greatly diminished if the law was struck down my the Supreme Court. As it would encapsulate the ultimate failure of his presidency.

Now that the ruling came down as it did, it seems that alot of "glass-half-full" type folks are taking this line that Justice Roberts ruled this way intentionally to somehow ensure Romney's election in November. I say again, ENGAGING IN POLITICS IS NOT A FUNCTION OF THE SUPREME COURT!

Now, it's very possible, if not likely this ruling will galvanize the repulican base and even draw more independants and libertarians. And yes, that's a good thing.

But, I would much rather have seen the court strike down this unconstitutional law because now that creates precedent and flings open the door of the fed government to "tax" (coerse) us into doing something that we might not ordinarily do on our own free will. THIS is what I fear most. What will they decide to "tax" us for not doing next??? Not going to the gym 4 times a week? Not eating our veggies with each meal??

The possibilities are scarily endless!!

For whatever reason, Chief Justice Roberts engaged in politics from the bench, but it is we, the people who ultimately lost.

Flossyb20
07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
It is not for the Supreme Court to engage in politics in any way, shape, or form. They are to determine the constitutionality of legislation by checking the legislation in question against the written text of our constitution and in intent of the framers. Anything other than that is judicial avtivism, pure and simple.

I agree 100%...and I believe that's exactly what Roberts did here...like I said, very smart man...he managed to maintain the integrity of this court...pointed out the 2 major flaws in the law (penalty vs. tax, and pulling the medicaid funding from states not participating) which was all the Court was asked to do here, and gave the Dems what they thought they wanted, all without having to play any political games...remember, this law isn't suppose to take effect until 2014...plenty of time for us Amercans to vote in a new President.

300rman
07-03-2012, 10:53 AM
pulling the medicaid funding from states not participating

I would imagine most states will pull out of this. I would also imagine any state not participating, its residents wouldnt be paying for it. But this change in the law is monumental, it takes the "bully" out of the playground.