PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor troubles. Grrrrrrr

briano
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
My neighbor is a complete trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro, he is in his mid 30s and so am I. For the last few months his dog has been in my yard about everyday, he drives the road like NASCAR with no mufflers on his crappy cars, now last night he was out at 10:00 shooting 273-1573his guns. I usually wouldn't care about the noise but we have a 7 month old daughter that he has woken up several times. Yesterday I had enough, his Shepard came over with his hair standing up and barking at my dog( he's a puggle, pug and beagle). I brought his dog back to the edge of the yard facing his and told him to keep his dog out of my yard. An hour later there he is back doing his business in my yard. I told the neighbor I'm going to shoot the dog next time I see it in my yard but it don't seem to bother him. Then last night when he was shooting I told him there's going to be hell to pay if he wakes my daughter up.

We live out in the stick a little bit so I really don't care if he's shooting as long as its at a decent hour. I think the best thing to do is call the police but if they don't catch him in the act then what can be done.

Any suggestions for dealing with his dog or him for that matter? I thought about taking his dog to the humane society, I just don't want it around when we have our little girl outside.

Dirtcrasher
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
No leash law or disturbing the peace laws??

threewheelin-feelin
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
do you have a video camera? video tape him shooting and his dog coming into your yard..the first thing i would do is try to have an adult talk with him tell him you dont care if he shoots as long as its at a decent hour...and tell him to keep the dog in his yard...if that dont work video tape all that and show it to the police

rjs89ia
07-02-2012, 03:20 PM
go pro man, videos about all the proof you need these days it seems like, from bullied bus attendents to black people gettin beat down in the street. depending on how close his house is to yours there might be a laws as to how far he has to be away from your house to be able to shoot. look it up in your local gun laws there might be some interesting stuff in there

kb0nly
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Airsoft for the dog, its very effective against neighbors animals, i use mine all the time. A few pellets in the butt is about all it takes for them to be weary of you, repeated "training" with the airsoft will keep them away from your property. I had to use a paintball gun with pepper balls on a nasty neighborhood dog once, that was very effective also.

But i agree with the others, try to take care of it legally.

briano
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Well none of the other people on our street like this dip stick either, all of the close neighbors have called the cops on him more than once. They are over ther quite a bit, I guess a call to central dispatch might have to do the trick.

Thorpe
07-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Pellet gun for the dog... Shoot him in the rear, mid dump.... (or my favorite, is a wrist rocket and marbles)

badass350x
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Honestly its not the dogs fault!! Its the neighbors thats at fault! Talk to them like was mentioned above and video tape everything and tell him its all on video in a very nice way as well as recording your conversation with him, then if trouble arises you have all the proof you need. But do not threaten him or the dog!

tri again
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear.
Neighbor trouble is the worst. Especially country folk that may need
to depend on each other during a disaster.

Hopefully, something simple will make sense.
I awoke to some early dawn shooting and a few days later, I found out the neighbor
had to euthanize an injured racoon that got hit by a car.

The dog thing is a different story.
I had some bad neighbors who kept asking how I KNEW it was their dog
contaminating the kids play area even when I showed them pictures.

Some people are just NuTTs. so best to have some calm, legal documentation
so you have nothing to feel bad about or have it come back to bite you in the &^%$#

remsandpets
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
IMHO don't shoot at the dog. That will put you in the wrong end of the law. Sorry to say. I also live in the sticks, I understand. Talk to the guy peacefully. Video, and a witness. Then the local law enforcement for the shooting of firearms and the trespassing dog. Good luck!

maxdallasfan
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks to the pussification of America that makes everyone want to sue their mother, I would constantly call the police and the township and let them handle it. Check the ordinances for firearms, etc. if that doesn't work, than call your state senator. A call to them usually gets It done.

jays375
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Like it was stated before get proof pictures,video.Contact the the authorities.Good luck!

Angore
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
imho don't shoot at the dog. That will put you in the wrong end of the law. Sorry to say, i understand. Talk to the guy . Video, and a witness. Then the local law enforcement for the shooting of firearms and the trespassing dog. Good luck!

yep ! X-2 ^

Tri-Z 250
07-04-2012, 10:28 PM
The talk is over rated varies on effictiveness...but the repeated M80 when the dog crosses the line. Well it really strikes a cord both teaching the dog...but also lets the owner know where his dogs not to be. I'm not saying hurt the dog...just scare him off...which could turn him gun shy.

Maico
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Definitely don't do anything to the dog. It's not his/her fault that it's owner is a phuktard. Don't call the locals....call the MSP....Michigan State Police. Those guys are some of the highest regarded police officers in the country. Tell them the story. Get to be friends with the usual officer on duty that patrols or is assigned to your area. If the shooting goes on at about the same time every nite....let the officer know this. A lot of the times....the officer will give you his cell number so you can call him when the shooting is going on and he can roll on up unannounced.

briano
07-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Well the shooting isn't all the time. I also talked to a state trooper, he said chances are there is not much they can do about the dog unless it is ongoing which it is. Here's my solution to have the owner tie him up, I'm going to shave half of the dog with my clippers then write on him with a sharpie in big letters TIE ME UP. Maybe he will get the hint.

maxdallasfan
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Invite Michael Vick over to your house. The dog will surely stay away after seeing that P.O.S. human being.

jb2wheels
07-05-2012, 09:58 AM
If you can grab his dog long enough to shave it, you can grab it long enough to put in the truck and take to the pound as a stray. If not, be nice to it until it trusts you enogh to grab it then take it to the pound.

As far as the neighbor being an ahole, you're pretty much out of luck. Always call the police though to get it documented. If all the neighbors are calling, there will be a history that might help in the future. If nobody calls, it's your word against his.

coolpool
07-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Pellet gun for the dog... Shoot him in the rear, mid dump.... (or my favorite, is a wrist rocket and marbles)

x2...but exchange the marbles with small ice cubes; then the evidence melts!

dmotoxrider
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I had the same issue with our neighbors ca. Finally I got tired of it so I trapped it and took it to the pound. Two weeks later it was up for adoption but I don't even think they cared that their cat was gone.

jon jon
07-06-2012, 12:45 AM
i did have neither troubles but when he called the cops on me for my quad being to loud i filled a trash can full of water and leaned it up against his front door so when he opened his door the next morning... splash.. hasnt complained since

86R
07-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Looks like I'm alone on this but you need to move to town. The whole point to living in the country is doing whatever the hell you want, atleast to me. My neighbors rock maybe, they could care less what I do.

oldtime3wheeler
07-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Tall fences make good neighbors!

countrybumpkin
07-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I live in the country at the end of a dead end road, a guy who lives on my road had a dog, it was his girlfriends dog, it was always mounting my dog, and they never fed this animal it was flea ridden and eaten up with mange. The guy didnt like the dog and neither did i, one day it happened to run right out in front of some lead that was moving fast through the air.

badass350x
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
i live in the country at the end of a dead end road, a guy who lives on my road had a dog, it was his girlfriends dog, it was always mounting my dog, and they never fed this animal it was flea ridden and eaten up with mange. The guy didnt like the dog and neither did i, one day it happened to run right out in front of some lead that was moving fast through the air.

and your proud of that???

Scootertrash
07-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I live in the country at the end of a dead end road, a guy who lives on my road had a dog, it was his girlfriends dog, it was always mounting my dog, and they never fed this animal it was flea ridden and eaten up with mange. The guy didnt like the dog and neither did i, one day it happened to run right out in front of some lead that was moving fast through the air.

That was the best solution you could come up with for an animal that had no control over the situation it was in?? Seriously?? Is your dog fixed?? If not, maybe that dog wouldn't be at your place all the time lookin for some a** if you had your dog fixed. Do you let your dog roam unleashed or do you keep him penned up? Leashed? If your dog runs loose then you're no better than your neighbor

How about catching the dog and taking it to the humane society or something?

People like you are no better than the people who dump dogs off on my country road because they don't want them any more. Or dump a batch of puppies or kittens off because they don't want them, but won't get their f'n dog fixed.

Sounds like your d-bag neighbor has a d-bag for a neighbor. You guys must get alone nicely.

Maybe someday someone will shoot your dog. Just because they don't like it. It would serve you right.

countrybumpkin
07-22-2012, 07:04 AM
The humane society would have done the same thing i did but in a different way. There was no suffering for the dog, it was over in a second. And yes i have my dog fixed, and i dont keep her on a leash or a chain or kennel. i live on 250 acres, my dog can roam around all day and stay on my property. When i say neighbor i mean at least a mile away.

Scootertrash
07-22-2012, 09:31 AM
The humane society would have done the same thing i did but in a different way.

After cleaning it up, feeding it, and giving it a chance at getting adopted first.