PDA

View Full Version : honda atc 110

Mudlight2
07-06-2012, 03:02 AM
I have a Honda ATC 110. Its been sitting forever. I rebuilt the carb. need to set it right. Is this info in the manual? Also im buying a plastic tank for a good price tommorow. what else would I need to do to get her running.

kb0nly
07-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Yes the base settings are in the service manual, you will have to do some fine tuning beyond that but it has the info to get you going. I would also check the valve adjustments, clutch adjustment, chain slack, new spark plug, and if you haven't already pour some oil down the plug hole and let it soak overnight then pull if over slow by hand and let it sit again just to wet down everything. I have had some that wouldn't move, piston stuck, and i would pour wd-40 down the plug hole and let it sit. Just remember to do a good oil change and flush it out after and spin it over without the plug it to blow most of it back out the plug hole if you ever have to do this before starting.

Also i believe the 110 is the same as the 125, i haven't worked on a 110 but many a 125, you need to pull the right side case cover, the one with the clutch adjustment and oil dipstick, get a new gasket and pull that cover and clean the oil filter screen and such as shown in the service manual and visually inspect everything. The 110/125 have a known problem with the shift drum stopper, make sure thats not broken or cracked and replace it if it is, its a $10 part and still available. I have a 125 i am working on right now that i just ordered a stopper for, have to fish the end of it out of the case with a magnet yet, runs perfect but won't stay in gear, always a sign that the stupid stopper broke.

Oh and post up some pictures!

83 200e
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM
there are some differences from the 110 to the 125, especially different year periods. change oil, plug, and oil down the plug hole, WD-40 should work fine, i should know, considering i just sold an 81 110

MonroeMike
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Carb settings can be found here also.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126529-ATC90-110-125m-(84-85)-amp-TRX125-(85-86)-Service-Data

Mudlight2
07-06-2012, 03:44 PM
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the info. The tank came off of a 200. But I couldbt pass it up for 30 bux cmpared to prices of new ones. ill make it fit for the time being. I work 12 hours a night pretty much 6 days a week.Im also gettin ready to move. But when I have time ill get progress pics and whatnot. Also yall are sayin pour a bit of oil in the spark plug hole and cycle it? This thing will also need brakes and tires. but come hell or high water ima get her running!

kb0nly
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Yes oil the cylinder good if it has been sitting a long time, you don't want to burn up the rings if the cylinder is rusty.

Mudlight2
07-06-2012, 04:11 PM
This may be a silly question. But what tool would I use to measure the specs on the carb?