PDA

View Full Version : New off road addicts

BCBasher
07-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi, I got an old Honda enduro ('77 CT125) last fall because it was cheap and the logging road is couple hundred yards from my front door. My dad got in on it and go an '87 TRX350 also a good deal so we got the idea to snap up every cheap bike quad and trike we can get our hands on, It has snowballed on us in a good way. Our 2 bikes, a trashed TRX300FW, a (modified/rewired) chinese atv for the youngins, 3 complete z50 to be restored/refurbed every e22 type motor (clones and real Hondas), a ct70 clone, a trashed CRF70 clone, and finaly a trike my dads freind wanted us to get $800 for on "consignment".

I'll be paying the 8 bills for the trike out of pocket and will not be leaving my personal collection, containing my excitment when looking it over was dificult. It's a 1984 ATC200ES 99% stock in at least 8-9/10 cosmeticaly and mechanicaly well maintained and even washed befor being put away for the season. It was just used for hunting once every year or two the rear gearbox is still shiny silver paint with no baked on mud/oil and flaking corosion. The impression I'm getting is thats a decent trike for a good price? I'll be picking it up tomorow :)

I Also bundled A complete 1970 US90 motor in with a bunch of chinese e22 bottom ends it seems to have decent comperssion but the carb cap has been crushed from being rolled around out of the bike. Does this thing have any value ethier to a restorer? Is it a great setup that I should keep for putting into a kids quad or a CT70? US90s look like they'd be hard to find?

Thanks, Thor.

thestud25
07-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Seems like you have plenty to work on. Post some pics of the trike. Are you in Canada? If so, the trike should be worth what you paid if it is in the condition you described. The ATC90 motor is something I would hold on to. They 90's seem to pop up frequently and it never hurts to have a parts motor. Welcome aboard!!

gomer202
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
you from British Columbia, Canada? just guessing trailprotrailpro user name

BCBasher
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah lots of projects and almost enough runners for everyone. I live on Vancouver Island in "beautiful British Coulumbia" Canada at the base of Mount Brenton.

gomer202
07-06-2012, 07:37 PM
i live on the island in Cowichan Bay, between victoria and nanaimo

gomer202
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Yeah lots of projects and almost enough runners for everyone. I live on Vancouver Island in "beautiful British Coulumbia" Canada at the base of Mount Brenton.wow! just relized how close you are to me haha

BCBasher
07-07-2012, 02:17 PM
wow! just relized how close you are to me haha

I'm on Panorama Ridge, The end of my street bypasses the gate on Chemainus main. We should get together, I have a feeling you'd know where to get some of the snigly parts I'm missing. We have a half decently equiped shop so I could probly "scratch yer back" also.

Well my bike looked better in the dark dingy hunting trailer but I'm still very happy with it. It has been seriously rolled or cartwheeled at some point, I straightened the forks enough to put a few miles on it figuring out what other issues need attention. I'll likley strip it and do some a serious comsmetic makover this winter.

I only got one pic before my batteries died an overview of part of "the island of misfit toys" showcasing some odd vintage Honda products.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/BCBasher/DSCF2821.jpg

I'll get some closeups of the trike at some point but as soon as that battery is charged and the parents get back from garagesalin'/fuel run I'll have somthing better than taking pics to do.