PDA

View Full Version : 1982 honda atc 200 & 1983 honda atc 200e threewheelers for sale!

JTTalsma
07-11-2012, 12:05 AM
150543i have 2 of my three wheelers that i have to sell, i have to many other projects. the first one is a 1982 honda 200 three wheeler, runs and drives great fenders are great, no cracks in them, rear rack is in great shape, brakes work, tires all have good tread, one tire has a very slow leak, asking 600 $ the second one is a 1983 honda atc 200e three wheeler runs and drives great, has elec. start has a brand new battery, rear fenders cracked up but have been patched, also asking 600$ for it. thanks for looking!

kb0nly
07-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I can vouch for him!!

Just bought a 85 125M off him.. I knew you would show up on here man! Of course i did tell you to get on here... LOL

FYI, the 85 is running great. Needed a new fuel filter after a while, clogged with crud, and the shift drum stopper was broken and popping out of gear, for $20 in parts we had it flying down the road again. Have to expect some repairs on machines these old, but at least we started with a good one. Oh and then the brakes locked up in the rear, not to uncommon, pulled it apart, replacing shoes and greasing everything, that will fix it all up. She is loving it!

Scott

JTTalsma
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
sorry to hear about the issues, but glad to see you got her up and going good, hope you enjoy it!

kb0nly
07-11-2012, 01:40 AM
I hardly call these issues really... The 125 is known for the shift stopper breaking, its so common i had two of them on hand for replacement! They are a ten dollar part brand new. They pop out of gear and won't always go beyond 1st or 2nd when they go, but if caught fast enough you just remove the broken piece and replace it and life goes on.

As for the filter and brakes, wear items that go bad, not much you can do to prevent it. After getting some riding time in it just jiggled crud around in the tank and the filter took it in the shorts, flipped the tank to reserve so the strainer on the carb was only thing inline and managed to go a little farther til that plugged up with sediment from the bottom of the tank as well. Pulled it apart, cleaned, and started back up first pull. Not a big deal for me.

The brakes were most likely due to not being used much, if at all. The shoes were almost full thickness but everything got stuck and wouldn't retract and the bottom shoe fractured from the stress and broke, jamming the brake up. I replaced the brake cable for the hand control, the cable was seized, after about an hour of riding she grabbed the brake hard and the rear was locked up, took all the linkage apart and the brake wouldn't move. Tore into it, removed the brake shoes and greased the linkage, everything moves fine so once i get new shoes this week i will put it back together correctly, for now its back together and running fine without the shoes in there.

Like i said, got to expect this type of stuff. The motor is strong though, compression tests good. She smoked a bit after an oil change, pulled the plug and inspected the cylinder and it looked good except for a bit of surface rust. After a couple hours she stopped smoking and isn't losing any oil. Just needed a good workout after sitting for a while, might need rings and a valve job eventually but for now its not worrying me any.

I don't buy a 27 year old machine and expect everything to perfect.... LOL!!