PDA

View Full Version : Atc 110 problems! Need help!

Super-Sam-500
07-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi, I got an old atc 110 that wasn't running. I put a rebuild kit in the carb, new points and gap set, checked timing it was ok, compression is good. It started up first go an ran fine. After 5 mins it lost power an started backfireing and spluttering then it would come good again. I have cleaned out the carb completely 3 times and it still does it. Runs good a while then no power an then it will randomly come good agin for a while! Any ideas?

83 200e
07-11-2012, 12:19 PM
it could be just some shitty gas thats in it, mine sometimes had the same problem, farm gas doesnt work so well sometimes

Super-Sam-500
07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Nah it's new petrol.

kb0nly
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Check the fuel lines make sure they don't have any crud in them, do you have inline filters? I have a 125 that was doing the same exact thing, turned out the line was full of crud, it would bounce down into the inline filter and if you just idled or putzed along slow the fuel flow would catch back up and you could go again. You could rig up a new chunk of fuel line to a bottle of gas, i use a washed out a gear lube bottle as the fuel line will push over the nozzle tip. See if it runs ok. I believe the 110 has the same carb as the 125, make sure the strainer is clean and with the petcock off the carb put a bucket under it and try both the on and reserve positions and make sure you get fuel flow, they cause troubles and you can get a new rebuildable petcock off ebay thats held together with screws instead of rivets so it can be taken apart and cleaned. Sometimes they get crud in them also.

Super-Sam-500
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
I have new fuel lines with inline filters, fuel flow seems good. Could it be the spark advancer, could it cause these symptoms if it was sticking?

kb0nly
07-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Sure could be if it wasn't returning like it should. Take it apart, clean, lubricate, and inspect it. make sure it snaps back good, springs are good, etc.