PDA

View Full Version : For those of us who THOUGHT we could drive!! 10 minutes WELL spent here fellas

atc007
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Wish I could say it's because I've been in and around that car,,lol. These guys are always a HUGE treat to be around. Block,Pastrana,Deegan,Mirra,Bartram, Millen,,. They all used to run the STPR here in Wellsboro. Block is now trying his hand at WRC. This here is my kinda stuff! Hope you all enjoy half as much as I did!!

LINK below here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys00Lvt4hl0&feature=related

Dave Little
07-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Wholly Sh*t...that was better than McQueen in Bullitt.
Love that right hand drift catching air...pure excellence.

Thanks for sharing

atc007
07-13-2012, 06:34 AM
While I loved that too,,my favorite was backing it in,completely backwards at the bottom of the hill. I thought about this a little too. they shut DOWN ,an ENTIRE Metropolis, in the DAY,, to film this. Yes,,he made a cpl practice runs{ You can see his tracks whee he lays it in backwards and stops},,but it looks like maybe only 2? or 3? times. the rest was in a daily driver Focus : ) I just wish they would get on board with FAR better safety equipment Like Nascar. They are VERY lacking there. We had a guy killed here @ Wellsboro 6 years ago. Ended the Rally. I'm off to the Hospital,but can't wait to watch this again tonight!

Escanabajosh
07-13-2012, 06:41 AM
seen this the other day,that dude can drive! my favorite i think is the side ways jump up the hill

This took 4 days to make though,I thought it was all one shot when I first seen it

http://www.digitalspy.com/odd/news/a392887/rally-driver-ken-blocks-san-francisco-urban-playground-video.html?rss

BeersBuds&Mud
07-13-2012, 09:07 AM
i can drive like that:lol:, ya right i wish!! i had a stick neon that i learned how to drift in. had it for about 2years!! thin one day while drifting the E-break broke, over shot the turn at about 40mph a ended-up upside down in a canel!!! got out of the car swam to shore, ran home(6miles) called the cops and told them the car was stolen!! one of my many drifting story but it was the best drift to date:naughty:

Escanabajosh
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I think you just admited to a felony,lol

BeersBuds&Mud
07-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I think you just admited to a felony,lol
wasn't me!!!;)
i would have been fine if i stayed. There was no felony until i ran away lol!! ether way nother happened!!

Dirtcrasher
07-13-2012, 05:12 PM
What is the taller lever to his right? does it lock up the rear wheels??

zzmegad
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
yeah i think so, throws him into a slide, like a hand brake. yeah that's one sweet lil ford... just rippin them tires. makes me happy to see a ford and not a honda or something lol... :(

BeersBuds&Mud
07-13-2012, 05:51 PM
What is the taller lever to his right? does it lock up the rear wheels??
That lever is the E-brake!! It does lock up the rear tires!! Help drift around the corners

kawasaki666
07-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Awsome video! Reminds me of my High School days in Okinawa. I had a 1979 RX7 that I learned to drift in. The way drifting was created was, the Japanese use coral in their asphalt. So when its dry out, the cars create a dust that is very slippery when limits are pushed. We raced in the Mtns. on the winding roads. Some hairpin turns were impossible(at those speeds) unless you drifted. Now I just find a dirt road in the Mtns. or wait for the snow to fall to drift in my Jeep.

atc007
07-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Lol,,drifting in a Jeep is less than ideal..

Dirtcrasher
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
God, how does someone even get into this. No, were not all Kens and Travis's but I guess you just have to there at the right time.

Unless he has worked his way up??

BeersBuds&Mud, thanks for the confirmation :beer