PDA

View Full Version : steering stabalizer

fxrs
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
anybody know of a good steering stabalizer for a 350x honda?

wonderboy
07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't know that I've seen anyone use them on the 350x. Are you having trouble with the handling of your machine, or just looking to do some mods to the machine? I have seen these for other machines (like dirt bikes). Whatever you do, I think you'll have to do some fabrication to mount it.

KgoX
07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I have one on my 350X that came with it when I bought it, looks like it was made for it and I tried to see who makes it but all I could see without dissembling things to see the other side was a big yellow sticker that says "steering stabilizer".

yaegerb
07-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I have one on my 350X that came with it when I bought it, looks like it was made for it and I tried to see who makes it but all I could see without dissembling things to see the other side was a big yellow sticker that says "steering stabilizer".

I am going to venture a guess and say it was a RAM steering stabilizer. They are no longer made and if you can find one in decent shape they go for big $$.

Most people nowadays just fab their own steering stabilizers. Do a search on steering stabilizer on this site and you will get an idea of what they are doing. Some time in the future, I am going to fab my own steering stabilizer for my 200x flat tracker.

wonderboy
07-16-2012, 07:39 AM
I've never heard of a 3-wheeler experiencing a tank slapper. Isn't that all a damper is used for is to eliminate this? Just curious.

fxrs
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
No I have one on my pro mod harley drag bike and it slows the steering down at high speed.It really keeps you from over correcting,at high speed it really feels like you have better control ,there adjustable so you can control the damping.I have noticed that the steering can get very hairy in real rough terrain trying to pull your handlebars out of your hands.This would slow it down a bunch.The one on my dragbike you can set soft to hard and when i say hard the stiffest setting is hard to turn sitting still but at 144mph you really dont even think about it.I will have to look into one for a dirt bike should be able to adapt.Thanks for your comments.

fxrs
07-16-2012, 10:10 AM
This is picture of my dragbike150817

rgthree
07-16-2012, 07:23 PM
the last ram steering stabilizer i seen on ebay went for under 40$ it looked brand new.at the same time there was one up for an atc 250r that went for well over 100$

wonderboy
07-17-2012, 08:15 AM
No I have one on my pro mod harley drag bike and it slows the steering down at high speed.It really keeps you from over correcting,at high speed it really feels like you have better control ,there adjustable so you can control the damping.I have noticed that the steering can get very hairy in real rough terrain trying to pull your handlebars out of your hands.This would slow it down a bunch.The one on my dragbike you can set soft to hard and when i say hard the stiffest setting is hard to turn sitting still but at 144mph you really dont even think about it.I will have to look into one for a dirt bike should be able to adapt.Thanks for your comments.

I had no idea about this. Thanks for the info!

JasonB
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
250r stabalizer?! What?! lol thats crazy though, i never knew they made a stabalizer for a trike. the one on my brothers R1 Yamaha is cool you can actually adjust it to dampen different levels so it effects how much and how fast you can turn the bars. cool devices for sure, just didnt know there was ever one made for a trike!