PDA

View Full Version : Best pipe for 85 250r

JacobM
07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
im sure this has been asked before, but what do you guys think is the best all around exhaust pipe out there for a 85 250r? Im planning on mostly trail riding,
maybe some ice racing in the future, but looking for something with a good overall performance. suggestions? (thanks in advance)

RIDE-RED 250r
07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Really depends on if your engine is stock, moderately modded, or heavily modded.

First, there aren't a whole lot of choices out there for our ATC's. You have Paul Turner, ESR, FMF and maybe a couple others. For a stock or near-stock setup the FMF Fatty is a pretty good all-round pipe. For heavy mods the ESR ATC5 pipe performs great. I can attest to that, as that's the pipe I am running on my 350 big bore. I have not run a Paul Turner, but I hear alot of good about them for heavily modded R's as well.

I ran the full FMF Fatty system with Powercore silencer on my R before I did the big bore. It worked well.. It kind of ran out of pull at the upper midrange leading into top end. But I will say that I was set up for low end anyway with a high comp head gasket and reedblock spacer to compliment the pipe. It DID pull like a bear on bottom and through mid-range... Lotsa fun! :naughty:

I'm sure there are others who will eventually swing in here and share their experiences with you on this.

JacobM
07-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the input. I just picked up the R a few weeks ago and from what I gathered from the seller, its pretty close to stock. I have read pretty good things about the fmf, but I wasnt sure if there were other pipes out there that may be better. Thanks again!

Blown 331
07-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I would go with ESR. I love mine and I'm still at 250 cc. I had a DG and FMF before this one.