PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need help with a Suzuki 400cc 2-stroke

ATC crazy
11-25-2003, 05:11 PM
I might be getting this soon. I'm waiting for the call now to see how much it is. I dont know the year of it, but it runs (Have to jump-start it though) and the frame is in good condition; plastics are not in best of shape.

If anyone has any information on these machines, please let me know. Are there any problems I could run into...etc...

Thanks in advance

Macs
11-25-2003, 08:15 PM
what is it. what year.

yyz4208@aol.com
11-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Is it TS OR TM 400 ???
TS is the enduro version
TM is the MX style bike
I have some parts for sale if you need any

ATC crazy
11-26-2003, 10:04 AM
I already said I dont know the year of it.

I have never seen it yet so I dont know much about it. A friend just told me it was for sale the other day. I will ask him again in about 30 minutes when 3rd period starts. He was going to talk to the guy for me.

350Xrider
11-28-2003, 02:13 AM
It could either be an RM if it was made in 76 or after,or a PE this was a enduro but it set a lot higher than the ts which had a down pipe and metal tank and fenders. Basically the TM was the mx version and was made from 71 to 75 and was reddish orange the first year and all years after were yellow they had metal tanks and plastic fenders,a down pipe,oil injection,2 spark plug head, sit low to the ground. The TS was the early enduro version and was made from 72 to 77 I believe,and had metal fenders and a metal gas tank and a down pipe with a big chrome guard on it.dual plug head,and was as far as I know never yellow and had a big metal headlight assy. The tm was replaced by the RM in 76 an had a high pipe all body work was plastic and it actually set up high,also the RM had reeds. The PE was the late model enduro and it had reeds and all body work was plastic.It also sit up taller than the ts and had a high pipe.

yyz4208@aol.com
11-28-2003, 02:46 AM
the ts had dual plugs but only used one

350Xrider
11-28-2003, 12:15 PM
yea the tm had it and a lot of older bikes used the 2 plug design,but chances are if one plug was fouled the other one was to,but sounded like a good idea.

Captainuno
11-29-2003, 01:58 AM
The TM WOW that brings back some memories, I had a 73 TM250 bought it brand new for 929.00 out the door. A friend of mine had an orange TM400, it was called the Cyclone, the 250 was called the Champion. The 400 was Super fast but totally uncontrollable. Dirt Bike called it the Pogo Stick on wheels. But arguably the best wheelie bike made. If ya want to learn how to crash, it will teach ya................LOL .
The bikes were pretty dependable as I remember, the only problem is affording the doctors bills, twist the throttle and hang on brother..... :-D

ATC crazy
11-30-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks for all the info guys....I just found out that there is another guy looking at it the other day. I have not heard from him in a while though....

Captainuno
12-05-2003, 11:09 PM
I was just surfing the message board in trikesville and found this link to the worse dirtbikes made. Of coarse it was aimed at 3 wheelers by Super Hunky if Dirt Bike Mag saying that 3 wheelers are the second worse dirt bike made, which I don't agree with. He has tested a lot of bikes & is a expert on off-road bikes and had been for a long time, (but apparently has no clue about 3 wheelers) check out what he considers the #1 worse dirt bike.
http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/feature/2003_06/worstbikes.html