PDA

View Full Version : atc 250sx Brake Issues. Anything Helps.

BlueH2O
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I bought a 1985 Honda 250sx a couple weeks ago and am having trouble location a Hand Rear Brake Cable that is the correct lenght. When I bought it there was some slack in it, so I ordered one online and when I put it in it was the same thing. The foot brake works but there is no Front brake, so I would like to try and get the rear hand brake working. Does anyone know where I can locate the correct cable or any way I can get this new one working. When I talked to the company I ordered the cable from they told me that I am running the cable the wrong way. I have tried all different ways and still the same. Does anyone know anyone around San Antonio Tx that will work on 3 Wheeler and knows what they are doing? Anything helps, thanks.

dustrunner
07-17-2012, 07:42 PM
you cant run the hand brake cable the wrong way... it has a ball on top and threads go to the bottom. i bought one for my big red it was a little sloppy but works...

Flyingw
07-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey Blue, can you post the cable manufacture and part number of the cable you bought? Also, post a pic of the cable showing the routing but basically the cable comes from the left bar and crosses the frame in frot of the frame and behind the headlight. It routes along the right side of the frame behind the tank and down to the swingarm routing through the oval hoop welded to the swingarm back to the upper slot on the brake arm. Now, it does not form fit to the frame routing. I can appear to be a bit short where it transitions from the frame backbone down to the swingarm. There is one brand of cable that is too short but I cant remember which on it is but the last one I bought was the right length so they are out there.

Flyingw
07-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Like this.

freedog
07-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the oem rear brake cable is still available for the 85 250sx check an online parts house like bike bandit or your local dealer, although it will probably be more expensive thru the dealer.

BlueH2O
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Parts Plus
K28-6080

OEM# 43460-VM3-000

hinanners
08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Ok, I'm new,,, don't know how to start a thread so here it goes. My 250sx lost all brakes and the cables are loose. Also I cannot find the break fluid reservoir. Can anybody help me on the issue? My email is hinanners@gmail.com and thank you in advance