PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda 200x Help?

1986honda
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey I Just Bought a 1986 Honda 200x Starts Up First Kick Every Time, And Runs GREAT! And Then The Other Day I Was Riding On Some Whoops Pretty Fast And Then All Of The Sudden I Heard A Very Faint Sorta Snap Sound Then It Seemed To Be In Neutral All Of The Sudden So I Stopped And Because I Need To Adjust My Idle It Died. So i Got Off Thinking My Chain Snapped Because The Guy I Bought It From Just Changed It And It Is Pretty Tight, Long Story Short It Wasn't The Chain So I Tried To Shift Into Neutral And The Shifter Was Just Like Free Moving And It is Stuck In Neutral But Starts Fine. Before I Tear It Apart I Was Wondering If Anyone Would Know What That Sounds Like, Any Suggestions Help. Thanks.

dustrunner
07-17-2012, 07:37 PM
tight chains are not a good thing. especially when riding over bumps and such. i bought a 350x that the chain was tight and they went to do a wheelie and the sprocket shaft broke. i hope this isnt your problem but give the chain a yank and see if it will come out a bit... otherwise you probly broke the shifter linkage inside the case.. good luck...

1986honda
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
i just gave the chain a good yank and it did nothing then i wiggled the shifter and it is very free just moves up and down and it seems to kinda move in and out like toward the motor and away from it.

1986honda
07-17-2012, 08:05 PM
also what is a sprocket shaft

flatfender
07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
sounds like case splitting is in your future, sprocket shaft is the transmission countershaft the front sprocket attaches to

dustrunner
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
you may get lucky and be able to pull the shifter side cover off where the shift fork or barrel is and have a broken part or need to get into the tranny as flatfender said..