PDA

View Full Version : where to buy parts (200s)

wellsk
07-17-2012, 11:10 PM
hey everyone...got ahold of a mint 1984 200s that had been sitting for 5 years or so, I need to get new 22X11-8 tires as well as a carb rebuild kit and was looking into a 200x exhaust. I was curiouse as to where the best place is online to get ahold of these parts. Also does anybody know where the best place is to get those cheap floatation like knobby tires?

wellsk
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
well i got everything off the bike...the tires are original and kinda dry rotted. How hard would it be to tube them? the front was too far gone and i could not break it off the bead so i got impatient and tried cutting it off but still can't get the sucker off ugh. the back ones have cracks around the flat spots where they were sitting. Idk if they would survive remounting with tubes anyway. I pulled the spark plug and it was BLACK so I'm just gonna replace it along with some rotted fuel lines also. I figured my budget will be around $200 with two new back tires

uni filter $20
two back tires $100
carb kit with lines $35
spark plug $5
oil and misc $40

jb2wheels
07-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Oil, plugs and other small, common stuff I get locally. I try to get parts locally, too but they only get one trip. If they don't have it in stock or have no clue how to figure it out (like getting jets...), I mail order from BikeBandit, RockyMountainAtv, CheapCycleParts, and eBay generally.

The trick with cutting off tires is cutting the metal cord that makes up the bead without cutting the rim. Once that sucker is cut, the tires come off. Just did that on my TRX70 last night. The fronts were a mess. The tubes were rusted to the wheels. I use a sawzall to cut the tire off up to the bead, then sneak up on the metal cord/bead with my cut-off wheel nearly parallel to the rim.

84 200s has one-piece rims, right? So you have to break the bead to tube them? Going to be tough I bet.

I use the van to break beads. I drive over the bead repeatedly and all around the tire until it slides off. If the van won't budge it, they get cut off. Most eventually break free but the really rotten wheel/tire combos get the saws.

The TRX was rotten because the 2 piece wheels got tubes but no o-rings so they weren't sealed from the elements. Combine with water from sitting out in the rain and they rusted up real nice.

rock
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
i have 1985 yamaha ytm200er and was wondering what to do about being able to change to diff back rims and tires and also maybe the front anyone have sugg where to begin please any help

wellsk
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
thanks for the reply! ya I used a jack and tried samwiching the tire between the jack and my reciever hitch but couldnt get the things to break off. Yes its a one piece i have a dremell tool that will prolly cut those bands, ill try it tomorrow. thanks for the sites i was worried about bike bandits credability but everyone seems to use it and it has awesome schematics. Ill try to get some pics up soon