PDA

View Full Version : 85 250R and 85 350X handlebar the same?

xcxtr3e
07-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey my name is Chris and I'm relatively new here. I have relied on my brother (username wonderboy) for basically all of my technical help but figured it was time I got involved more here on my own.

I am searching for a used, oem handlebar for my 1985 250R - I have only been looking for a month, but so far am unable to find any (on ebay). HOWEVER, I do see factory 350X handlebars. Per Honda, they DO have different part #'s (250R - 53100-HA2-770 vs 350X - 53100-HA5-000) but appear identical in the schematics.

In the spirit of returning my R to original condition, I would prefer at least a factory 350X handlebar over the current renthal bar, assuming its iterchangeable wih the factory 250R handlebar - specs, shape, width? ( 7/8") Luckily Honda still offers original grips, end caps, etc, etc. - Just need the bar.

I scoured the forum for information prior to posting this - my apologies if this has already been discussed and concluded. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you and I look forward to becoming more involved in the 3-wheeling community built here.