PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the hoses go? Honda ATC 125

PYang004
07-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I recently got a free Honda ATC 125M 1983-1986 ish.

I tore it apart to clean the inside. I was gunked up and the piston seized. I don't have a lot of time on my hand and it took a month to get the motor back on the frame. Now I cant remember where any of the hoses go.

Gas tank has 2 hoses and they only reach one spot, the fuel valve (reserve, off, on). The shorter hose is on top and the longer one is on bottom.
*Thanks kbOnly for confirming this for me. I kinda figured it was like this. Outer hose from tank goes to bottom fuel supply valve. Inner tank hose goes to op fuel supply valve.

Then I have what looks like and feels like vacuum lines. They are are softer than the fuel hose coming off of the gas tank. The hose comes off the engine located on the top center. It comes out about 6-8 inches then there is a "T" fitting with a 4inch hose and 6inch. I don't know where these 2 hose connect to.

Then I have 2 really small vacuum hoses on the chain cover that I don't remeber where they go. They don't reach very far. From the top to the bottom of the chain guard. I checked the air box and can't find any plugs. The bottom of the hose looks like they just sit open.
*Thanks kbOnly. C2 goes to the battery box and its other end B2 is open ended.

The only fitting I see available is on the carburator.

kb0nly
07-24-2012, 05:17 PM
The fuel lines are pretty easy, the inner line closest to the frame goes on the top fitting of the petcock on the carb, thats the reserve, the outer one goes to the bottom fitting, the on connection.

I suggest you get the service manual for routing all the breather lines, check my sig below and get the 125m service manual that i have on there. There is pages showing all the routing of these breather tubes.

PYang004
07-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks a lot kbOnly. I didn't know anything about this ATC and you just provided me with a wealth of knowledge.

MonroeMike
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Enter your VIN in Rob's decoder, for the year.
http://atcvin.webs.com/

kb0nly
07-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Your welcome! I looked through all your pics, and it would just take me forever to explain all the connections, a picture is worth a thousand words, and the pictures in the service manual should show you everything you need for the line routing.

If you still have questions ask em! And welcome!