PDA

View Full Version : YTZ250S Swingarm bolt & bearing replacement

boxburn
07-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Well yesterday after days of trying we've managed to get the swingarm free from the trike and now I just need to check up on something. As the swingarm bolt was seized to all the spacers and bearings along it, none of them are left, all that remains in that area is the frame, swingarm and engine. I already have a replacement swingarm bolt and I'm going to buy this kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALL-BALLS-SWINGARM-BEARING-KIT-YAMAHA-YTZ-250-YTZ250-TRI-MOTO-1986-/350581728240?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a04ca3f0#ht_6457wt_905 My only concern is that we removed from the sides of the engine 2 parts that looked like washers with a tube attached to them and I'm sure they were one piece, not a washer seized to a bearing or spacer, I may be wrong though. Can anyone let me know of any other parts I need to buy for it though and help me out with that washer/tube situation, sorry for the long read, I didn't want to miss something out and there will be pics soon, thanks!

badass350x
07-24-2012, 04:42 PM
If I remember right there is a coller that goes through the case's thats pressed in there that keeps the bolt from wearing through the case halves! That does not come in that kit but everything else does, you would have to order that from the dealer if its available!

Make sure you order the correct bearing kit as the 85 and 86 are different sizes.

boxburn
07-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the 1986 one but is there a definite way to determine which one I have? Also can I ask, would you say the diagrams used on this website (here) (http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/All%20Terrain%20Vehicle/1986/TRI-Z%20-%20YTZ250S/parts.html) are accurate as for the swingarm suspension part it does not show the coller (if it is that) or the thing I was trying to describe. I actually put the bit in a scrap metal bin in relief that it was out but I should be able to get it back out easily tomorrow if you would like a picture. Thanks!

boxburn
07-25-2012, 04:52 PM
I managed to find the collar on another diagram so it's all sorted now, thanks!