PDA

View Full Version : need help identifying what this bolt does mistook for drain plug now smoking

jc-utica-ny
07-24-2012, 09:01 PM
my ytm was runnin perfect till i on screwed the nut off this now it smokes what did i do. the bolt is the one in the middle of the pic

MonroeMike
07-24-2012, 09:38 PM
That's your clutch adjustment.
Page 48.
http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/Yamaha/ytm200-225-fm200l.pdf

"Loosen the locknut. Turn the clutch adjuster with a screwdriver counter clockwise until resistance is felt. Turn it back, 1/8 turn (clockwise). Tighten the locknut to 11 ft.-lbs." (while holding the screw, I will add).

jc-utica-ny
07-24-2012, 09:46 PM
thanks man you been alot of help. would that have anything to do with it smoking or is it just a coincidence that it started smoking after that. i also took the spark plug out to look at it before i started it and noticed it had some oil on it. is it rings?

jc-utica-ny
07-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Can it have to do with how hard it rained last nigjt it was only under a tarp put back

tri again
07-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Is this new to you?
has it ever run right that you know of?

water in the exhaust can produce steam that liike like smoke and may take time to 'boil' out.

Sure sounds like co incidence.

Worst case?
even if it was bad or broken rings, it shouldn't hurt anything else.

Could also be that the gas shut off doesn't work and gas diluted the oil.

I've seen that more than once for sure.
scary.

jc-utica-ny
07-25-2012, 03:10 AM
ya i got it three weeks ago it died when u didt give it gas and was hard to start i cleaned the carb and it ran great started up in one pull two weeks later it randomly started doing this i went on to long rides with my buddies it was fine. Yesterday i rode it around in my back yard it was fine now today it started doing this i hope its just moisture it rained really hard last night and it was just out back under a tarp but i dont know how much the tarp did cos of how windy it was. But i keept it running for for like 15 mins and it never stoped smoking.