PDA

View Full Version : Any Knife Collectors?

Amater45
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Just a currious thought, I like knives, have a few of my own :naughty:

(just a few of mine, only pic i have at the moment)

shortline10
07-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Besides atvs knife collecting is my other passion . I collect vintage knives from pre WWII .
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=shortline10

remsandpets
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
I have made a few from staight edge razors. I sell them to muzzle loaders as patch knives. Ususually period correct type shooters.

thestud25
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I have an older scout knife Shortline. I doubt it is pre-WW2. I'll try to remember to post some pics.

shortline10
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
The early knives in mint to near mint condition are a very good investment and better than most 401k plans :lol:
Here are a few pictures of my display at the Gator cutlery knife show last Feburary . I've been collecting early vintage knives for about 20 years .

Yeah lets see that scout stud !!!!!!!

I have an older scout knife Shortline. I doubt it is pre-WW2. I'll try to remember to post some pics.

Amater45
07-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Wow! That's a great nice collection shortline! I just spent 15 minuets just looking at all of them! :drool:

MIK6
07-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Back in 89 exgfs dad worked at camilus cutlery, everytime i stopped in he would hand me a new knife. Alot of them were 1st run colector knifes, they were hand finished w inlays, ive still got a few of them someplace.
Ill have to dig them out and take a pict.

MIK6/ Mike

studcat
07-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Case XX :lol:

atc007
07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
LMAO,I saw this post and thought,,What a bunch of losers.. lol,,JUST KIDDING! I am not a collector,,although I/we,my Brother Dad and I have at least that many. { Mikes}. My son collects,he likes the newer,gruesome/slayer type machetes and combat knives. My Nephew has a very nice collection. I know Nothing of them. Being a farmer,we always had a Barlow in our pocket. { Family/ New Holland thing,lol } My buddy had Cases. I should try and get some pics,we know I won't ! Mike,,the bigger knife under the Dupont sign in the case. What is that and what's it worth. My Dad is 91,and My Grandpa went to 94 till the Dr. killed him with a tourniquet. Anyhow,, Dad has a knife like that but bigger,it was my Grandpas,and possibly his Dads. It has butchered countless animals. But is mint for being through what it has. My Son is awaitig the Christmas Santa puts that under the tree for him!

shortline10
07-29-2012, 02:47 PM
The fixed blade remington dupont knife with four blade combo was a christmas special and is very rare with the original box , Made around 1935 or so . That set believe it or not range from about 1500.00- 2500.00 . depending on condition and yes the box is what gives it the most value .

LMAO,I saw this post and thought,,What a bunch of losers.. lol,,JUST KIDDING! I am not a collector,,although I/we,my Brother Dad and I have at least that many. { Mikes}. My son collects,he likes the newer,gruesome/slayer type machetes and combat knives. My Nephew has a very nice collection. I know Nothing of them. Being a farmer,we always had a Barlow in our pocket. { Family/ New Holland thing,lol } My buddy had Cases. I should try and get some pics,we know I won't ! Mike,,the bigger knife under the Dupont sign in the case. What is that and what's it worth. My Dad is 91,and My Grandpa went to 94 till the Dr. killed him with a tourniquet. Anyhow,, Dad has a knife like that but bigger,it was my Grandpas,and possibly his Dads. It has butchered countless animals. But is mint for being through what it has. My Son is awaitig the Christmas Santa puts that under the tree for him!