PDA

View Full Version : atc 185 no spark y

jeigsk
07-27-2012, 02:30 AM
had it running could not get it to idle right . bought new carb put on . now it has no has no spark , any suggestion. bought a new sprak plug . check wires connection. every thing was good

jeigsk
07-27-2012, 02:32 AM
also h ave another 185 that i just got running. im hoping to swap part around to figure out what wrong

jeigsk
07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
No ideas ???

briano
07-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Turn it on

just ben
07-27-2012, 11:17 PM
also h ave another 185 that i just got running. im hoping to swap part around to figure out what wrongif your grounds are good and the wire connections are good and you have a running machine to swap parts out with swap one part at a time. swap them on both machines. if all you did was change the carb I would guess that its a shorted wire or a loose connection/bad ground.

jeigsk
07-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Turn it onSorry I do not know how. How about u come and show every one were the key is. Ok that sound good to u. Caveman out

jeigsk
07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
if your grounds are good and the wire connections are good and you have a running machine to swap parts out with swap one part at a time. swap them on both machines. if all you did was change the carb I would guess that its a shorted wire or a loose connection/bad ground. will check. Thanks

tri again
07-28-2012, 02:30 AM
yeah,
take advice from ME!

Just did a major overhaul on an engine.
<PMTHS and MONEY and the sob wouldn't freakin' start.

Tempted to disassemble to recheck stuff, the godbless'ed kill switch was off.

Rocketscience test for sure.

naaah
just make sure all your connections are good grounds esp.

People have changed wire harnesses only to admit the old ones were probably ok but
the fact that they had to go through EVERY connection, they magically work.

Timing and circumstances?

it does happen.

Fix a headlight and the door won't unlock.

ummm, try nipping a quater inch off the plug wire. and rescrew the plug cap back on.

They corrode and stop throwing spark at the strangest times.
How's the ohmage from your stator?

does it have lights?
the last f(*&%$# 250 es I almost rolled out the back of the truck on the freeway had a bad fuse.

little rat b*(&^%rd piece of foil looking pos corroded.
special order and 59 CENTS each ruined a month of my summer session.

Keep looking/

We'll get you through this.

see if the following words are highlighted as a clickable link

service manual

if not
look under the
'world class help' section for a manual

It has all the values for stuff to check
a 3 dollar voltmeter should be good enough.