PDA

View Full Version : value of atc's ?

jpm
07-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I am buying 3 atc's from a friend of mine, they have all been sitting in a barn for a long time. Conditons unknown. The first one is a 1980 110 as far as I can tell. It has a bandito frame with the decal on the neck, spring loaded chain tensioner and some kind of aftermarket exhaust. The trike is rough, needs new plastic, seat cover. Dont know if it will run yet. Tires look good, has trailer hitch. What do you think this is worth the way it is, how about if I restore it?

2nd one, 1982 185s
Looks pretty good overall body wise.I think engine is stuck, plug is out of it. One rotten tire, cables froze. Can tell it has been sitting a long time.

3rd one, 1985 250sx
Looks great, tires look new. Dont think this one had much use, plastic and seat good. Looks like a new battery and carb clean will get it running, but whow knows till I try.

What do you think these are worth?

I am probably going to sell them as I have to many projects now.

A guy I work with grew up in Santee California, he had a 1980 110 that he modified just like this one. His eyes bugged out when I told hem what I had! He lived 4 blocks from the Johnson bandito company. Had a big bore jug and firberglass fenders, etc.

I know he has some intrest in it, wanted to know how much $.

Thanks for any info, JPM

Flyingw
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
It helps if you post some pics of all three.

maxdallasfan
07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Pics or they don't exist. :)

bslama69
08-05-2012, 11:26 AM
They sound pretty rough and it is expensive for even aftermarket plastics (Maier). Seat covers are cheap and easy to find, though. Try this product called Plastic Renew. It's about $20 and requires a LOT of sanding, but the fenders do look nice afterward.