PDA

View Full Version : Mix screw outlet aka pilot jet outlet issues. Any ideas? YTM200N

jaredc00
07-30-2012, 06:33 PM

This image is one I got from another website. Anyway, the #10 arrow is the mix screw outlet or pilot jet outlet right? So my ytm200n won't idle and it runs a little rough the rest of the throttle. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the pilot/idle mixture system. When I screw the pilot screw all the way in or out a way's it does nothing. So with the carb torn apart I spray carb cleaner in the pilot screw hole while plugging other holes, or plug all and shoot compressed air into the pilot jet and I get no air coming out the little tiny hole that is in the main air flow cylinder (#10 in the pic). Is there a way to unplug that little hole? Or do I have to buy a new carb? No way that I can see to poke anything physical into these passage ways.

Thanks.

TimSr
07-31-2012, 08:29 AM
Remove the pilot jet, and the pilot screw. Spray compressed air or carb cleaner each hole and verify it exits somewhere else. look through your pilot jet into a light and make sure all holes are clear. If you can't blow them clear, just replace the pilot jet.

kb0nly
07-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds like the passageway is blocked. Two things to try... Tear down the carb completely removing everything that can be taken off. Put the carb into a container of carb dip, better than your regular carb cleaner. Good auto parts stores will carry it, usually in a metal can or jug. Let it soak a day or two to really let it work in.

Try blowing through the passages again. Still no flow? On to the next step... Get a big pot of water and put the carb in and boil the sucker. As you start to loose water from it boiling off add more water and get it back to a boil, just boil it for an hour or so.

If neither of these methods get that passageway clear then its time for a new carb. I find if carb dip won't break it up then its got some crap in it that the dip doesn't affect, maybe some dirt/rust that came down out of the tank, sometimes boiling will get enough heat in there and the water will help break it up, but not always.

I know a guy that uses an ultrasonic cleaning tank for stuff like this, wish i had one of those!