PDA

View Full Version : making it legal

tapage
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
i was hoping on making a 350x legal or my 200es, im from iowa and dont really know the laws...

any idea for there top speeds?

what do i need to make them road legal?
thanks travis

gus
08-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I kinda ask the same question you are but with my 250r theres some ideas in the link i posted if you wont to see ?http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/143035-250r-street-legal

tapage
08-02-2012, 10:03 PM
thank you
travis

gus
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Your welcome

gus
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I found this hope it will help you?

Iowa

State Laws:

All ATVs must be registered and titled if used on public lands, except for those used solely for agricultural purposes. All registered ATVs are to receive one numbered sticker; renewal is once every year. No one under 12 can operate an ATV unless on private land. No one under 18 can operate an ATV on public lands unless they possess a safety training certificate. No passengers are allowed on the ATV unless it is designed to carry more than one person. ATV use on highways is prohibited, except to cross these roads and for agricultural purposes and then only during daylight hours. ATVs operated during hours of darkness shall have lighted head lamp and tail lamp.

State Agency that Regulates ATVs: Department of Natural Resources. View their website: www.iowadnr.com Training: Click here to learn how to enroll in an ATV safety training course near you! Legislation: To view Iowa's state ATV laws, click here

State ATV Deaths

Total Reported Deaths (1982-2010): *Data collection for 2007-2010 is ongoing

Reported Deaths (1982-2006): 108

Reported Deaths (2007-2010): *Data collection for 2007-2010 is ongoing

Reported Deaths (1982-2006): Children under 16 22

tapage
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
then ya i need to start emailing the senators and the other people in the goverment, whos with me?!

kb0nly
08-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Iowa has different regs than MN thats for sure, i was reading through them. Up here in MN i have mine registered, liability insurance, and a city permit, now i can ride anywhere but state highways. We also have an ag zone which we can't ride in the ditches for a part of the year due to nesting game birds, etc.

Other than that, i can ride mine from my house to the grocery store and gas station, i do quite often, its a small town and everything is within about five blocks of my home so i just take ol' red downtown most of the time. Some states require you to have a horn and mirrors also. I have mirrors i put on mine, mainly for safety so i can see some idiot flying up on me, but no horn. I could if i really wanted to but doubt i will. We basically just have to have registration and lights up here, and the lights are supposed to be on day or night. We also have it written into our regs that atv's 25 years or older are considered collectors and don't need registration, but whats weird is the cities that allow permitting of them require public registration and insurance anyway so you still have to unless your only riding it at designated parks, etc.

We also don't get plates, but have a specified size and format to which we are required to make them, its odd but thats how they do it. Years ago they used to issue a motorcycle plate, but not anymore.