PDA

View Full Version : August 19 - OTC Grand Champion Series Harescramble- LL Raceway - Fairmount City, PA

TimSr
08-03-2012, 03:35 PM
This should be a very challenging cross country type harescramble. It is a CRA race, not part of the CRA series but part of the OTCGC Series.

LL Raceway

6531 Rt 66 Fairmount City PA 16224

I've never been at this place but should be some rugged riding. This is in Sam's area, so the terrain weighs in his favor!

Gates open at 8:00am but big quads and us do not race until 2 pm, so you only need get there early enough to sign up .

TimSr
08-03-2012, 11:18 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/328-Ohio-Trike-Crew-race.-August-4th-5th-2012-in-Hubbard-OH.

Mrs.Mosh
08-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Tim, it is perfectly fine if you post a link to the race information.
I took the libertly to add it to my post.
I see no problem in posting these races as courtesy to everyone who may want to know.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/2012_LL_Raceway_Harescramble_August_19_OTCGC_Serie s_about1024.html

Tri-Z 250
08-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks Sr for the 2PM headsup....The last one I was there an hour before the Dirtbike signup...got to walk the course and took a small nap before our session.

TimSr
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks Sr for the 2PM headsup....The last one I was there an hour before the Dirtbike signup...got to walk the course and took a small nap before our session.

Are you going to make it Steve? I'm thinking its like the E. Palistine one. Jock from MotoX says its not exteremely difficult. I'm expecting Sam to put us all away on it. For those who don't know, a Harescramble is typically a 1 1/2 or 2 hour timed race through a woods course with natural obstacles like you would find on a challenging trail ride. All you need is woods tires, and some low gearing. Engine mods, big bores, and all that stuff are useless, so a 200X is just as competitive (or more) than a 250R. 350X seems to be the weapon of choice.

This should be at a convenient location for a lot of PA people. If anybody is interested, I can check into getting the CRA card requirement waived for this event. All the regulars already have one.

Mrs.Mosh
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Are you going to make it Steve? I'm thinking its like the E. Palistine one. Jock from MotoX says its not exteremely difficult. I'm expecting Sam to put us all away on it. For those who don't know, a Harescramble is typically a 1 1/2 or 2 hour timed race through a woods course with natural obstacles like you would find on a challenging trail ride. All you need is woods tires, and some low gearing. Engine mods, big bores, and all that stuff are useless, so a 200X is just as competitive (or more) than a 250R. 350X seems to be the weapon of choice.

This should be at a convenient location for a lot of PA people. If anybody is interested, I can check into getting the CRA card requirement waived for this event. All the regulars already have one.

So compared to last weekends HS...this is more mild?

TimSr
08-10-2012, 07:32 AM
So compared to last weekends HS...this is more mild?

Compared to last weekend's HS, the Blackwater 100 was mild! LOL! Big Game Raceway is typically the most difficult CRA HS, as the owner who is also a s competitor, loves his hillclimbs, and when you throw several inches of rain on it within a few hours it becomes insane!

Big Valley turned out to be a lot less difficult than I expected, and from what I've gathered researching, LL Raceway should be rocky and solid, more like Big Valley, or translated into Mosh, like a Wellsville loop on the established trails.

Tri-Z 250
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Sr. You know how much I enjoy a good scramble but glad I missed the last one from the roost report. I am considering this one as a last min...I gotta check the X's and $0h's but I'm hoping to run it. If any NEW guys feel like racing in general isn't them...Please reconsider this form of the sport. Yes it's a workout, but you'll be less tired than an ALL-DAY mx 2moto formate. Why? I guess the last one I ran it as a fast trail ride...not really pushing the machine. I found myself looking to avoid hairy mudholes..and obsticals while keeping a good pace. I did have some stall issues which drop at least a lap off what could have been a good run. The 3wheeler group is FUN based and nobody in the group would pass you on the trail without an acknowledgement of "hey you OK?" if sidelined, or broke down. Really says alot about the group and new or not we look out for each other out there. Maybe you sit more and the length of time although it wears on you as you make your way around...that last lap revives you a bit. You can give yourself time as your running to catch your breath, even sip on a cammel pack. MX is run all out for a limited sprint...the harescramble tends to lean towards smart riders who don't get hungup and keep a solid pace. I recomend to anyone, this is a great time and is no more difficult than an adverage trail ride. There is NO need to run a crazy out of control pace...come cruze the woods, just for fun...thats my plan.

Mosh
08-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Compared to last weekend's HS, the Blackwater 100 was mild! LOL! Big Game Raceway is typically the most difficult CRA HS, as the owner who is also a s competitor, loves his hillclimbs, and when you throw several inches of rain on it within a few hours it becomes insane!

Big Valley turned out to be a lot less difficult than I expected, and from what I've gathered researching, LL Raceway should be rocky and solid, more like Big Valley, or translated into Mosh, like a Wellsville loop on the established trails.
If I didnt know any better, that kinda seams like a double dog dare for me to brush the dust off my Wellsville skills and come on out..:D

TimSr
08-12-2012, 04:24 PM
If I didnt know any better, that kinda seams like a double dog dare for me to brush the dust off my Wellsville skills and come on out..:D

Nah.....CRA safety rules prohibit competitors from riding in skirts!

Mosh
08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Nah.....CRA safety rules prohibit competitors from riding in skirts!
They also have a STRONG anti substance abuse policy..So make sure you tuck the Geritol, Ben Gay, and Beano away in your glove box before you get to the front gate...And dont ask to use your Golden Buckeye card for a senior citizen discount.:lol:

TimSr
08-15-2012, 07:25 AM
They also have a STRONG anti substance abuse policy..So make sure you tuck the Geritol, Ben Gay, and Beano away in your glove box before you get to the front gate...And dont ask to use your Golden Buckeye card for a senior citizen discount.:lol:

As long as I can still ride while wearing my Life Alert around my neck, and a radiator full of coffee with the overflow tube running into my helmet, I'm good to go! I'll have to check into that Golden Buckeye Card. I think Im eligible now.

zmpolaristech
08-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Tim, is a CRA card required for this event? I am interested in running since the harescramble isn't too far from me, but funds are still limited...and this is prob the only CRA race I can make this year. If I do need a CRA card, How much are they? thanx, JON

TimSr
08-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Tim, is a CRA card required for this event? I am interested in running since the harescramble isn't too far from me, but funds are still limited...and this is prob the only CRA race I can make this year. If I do need a CRA card, How much are they? thanx, JON

Jon, The CRA card is $20.00. This guy is hard to get ahold of. I left him a message yesterday, but will try again today. There are two others in the same boat as you. If the same CRA person is working it, it should not be a problem, but I'd like to get a definate conformation.

TimSr
08-17-2012, 08:28 AM

CRA Card is not required for the 3 Wheeler Class!

So you are looking at I think $10 to get in and another $20 or $25 to race.

TimSr
08-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks to all who came out and experienced the warm reception we got at LL Raceway. I should have my wife's pictures posted on the OTC forum soon. I'm still editing Triathlon pics and videos. That was a lot of fun!

atctim - They are having one more CRA HS there on 9/16, and they are also doing a couple of them for some other PA series which I don't have the dates. They will be happy to accommodate a 3 Wheeler Class at at any of these, probably only need two or more racers. Just call him and give him realistic numbers. He also said they are available for weekend use of the place. We can't load anything else on the OTC Schedule, but if you, Jake, and others want to get something together just call Preston Cypher at 814-275-3400. He had also made mention of the open invitation to the flat track race that they are doing that raffa has posted about.

atctim
08-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the info Tim. Was a good time had by all yesterday!

TimSr
09-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Finally got pictures edited and posted.
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20LL%20Raceway/LLRaceway001.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20LL%20Raceway/LLRaceway002.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww290/TimSr1961/2012%20LL%20Raceway/LLRaceway003.jpg

More at: http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra9981.php#9981