PDA

View Full Version : 185s wheeles?

rajun.cajun
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I have a 83' 185s i bought for $50 (at that price i figured why not) brought it home and cleaned the carb and it ran like a champ till the motor got hot. Replaced the coil and solved the prob so i went to air the tires up and take it on it's madian voyage and not one tire holds air!

The front tire is junk but the back one's look brand new so i cleaned it up and all 3 rims have rust holes through them, i don't want to put a tube in them cause i'm going to restore the trike!

Long story short i measured the rims and from what i can tell it's 8 in rim and the offset from center to outer edge is 4.5 no matter wich side i measure from. I can't seem to find any rims this size!

Denniskirk and rocky mtn atv list a 3.5/5.0 offset and thats rear wheel only they dont list a front!! I pulled the orginal wheeles off the back and it must be the same as the orginal front wheel because i put a back one on the front but again all 3 measure 8x 4.5/4.5.

Where can i find some brand new wheeles?????

Flyingw
08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I've bought several wheel sets from Rocky Mountain ATV. Tires mounted to rims ready to go at a pretty fair price and quick shipping. Order two wheels (tire and rim) and one tire for the front. Trying to bust old crusty tires off an old rusted out rims isnt worth the hassle but you will have to do that with the front.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tw/43/81/165/723/Choose-Tire

Flyingw
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh, and you're right, the front isn't listed but they are the same stock rim. You can order three wheels but know the IPT steel rims are just a tad off on the offset which doesnt matter on the back but it does shift the rim over a small amount on the front. I'd suggest picking the best rim you have now and have it bead blasted and painted or find a serviceable OEM rim on Ebay or one a member here might have.