PDA

View Full Version : I gots a zinger!

spentar
08-05-2012, 05:55 PM
So i picked up a zinger and its sweet, The guy told me he rebuild the top end 3 years ago, and it seems to be running great. The guy i bought it off of must have thought the zinger was a race banshee or something. He had high octane fuel with what seemed to be klotz racing oil. After draining the gas and putting regular stuff in with artic cat 2 stroke mix it seemed better. I had to adjust the needle in the carb to a leaner setting because it wouldnt top out very fast and would start to bog before the power band and not rev very high. but now if rips hard and its addicting to ride. If anyone knows of some upgrades i can do to make it perform better please tell me. I was looking at the dg pipe but it sticks out the back and i feel if i do a wheelie i will break it off. Also what can i use to polish the plastics up a bit? I used some turtle wax and got an ok shine but heres a look. 151995

Dirtweed
08-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Wash up the plastics and then use a Mr Clean Eraser on them. Our Zinger plastics were a bit scratched so we used 2000 grit
sandpaper and wet sanded the plastic. We used this Halloway floor re-finisher (Walmart) on the plastics and then finished up with
a coat of Wizards final shine they really shine now.

Your plastics don't look that bad though.

spentar
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
The picture dosent do justice, i tried some turtle wax and got some what of a shine and it hides some of the scratches but ive come to realize that im just gonna ride it so much that it will keep scratching. But they dont look overalll bad.

thestud25
08-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Dirtweed is right, wet sand them. However, I use Armorall or Tire shine instead of water when I wetsand. There are a few performance mods with the main one being the DG pipe. There is a noticeable difference between the two machines when you run a DG. In my opinion it is worth the money.

spentar
08-06-2012, 02:58 PM
but i just would be too scared to break it from a wheelie

ATC-Eric
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Same thoughts with the DG pipe, dont want to break it.

Nice machine! What did it set you back??

spentar
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
$400 i know its a bit high but ive been looking for so long and just havent found anything worth while and the guy wouldnt budge so i said im done looking and bs'in around and bought it. It runs great. Ive had it 3 days and probally put a total of 19 hours on it seriously. So i think it was worth it as long as i dont need to dump more money into it for a long time. Though im becoming more and more interested it the dg pipe.