PDA

View Full Version : 85 250sx: Fair Price?

Popeye
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Found this on Craigslist kinda close to me: http://natchez.craigslist.org/mcy/3141316130.html.

I know you can't be sure without going to look at it and cranking it up, but what do ya'll think about the price. I really had no desire to add to my very small collection until the thread about the best woods trike came up. Seems like folks had a lot of good to say about the sx. Anyways, I can't buy anything else for a while, but this thing has been up forever so I ain't got to hurry lol.

Big Mike
08-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I think that is a fair price, looks like mine did when I got it minus the vampires, and I paid $450 for mine. So I would say that is a good deal

ATC-Eric
08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Ask him if he has any current pictures. Says there is a rear rack, not in the pictures. Says everything works, where are the front brakes? The rest of the bike would have to be solid for me to entertain that price. Talking no engine noise, good bearings, good brakes.

dustrunner
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
ya, i would offer them less if it has been 4 sale so long as you say... of coarse if the formentioned is good.... i just picked up an 87 in similar shape for 300... so there still out there....

Popeye
08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Yea, I was thinking $300 tops. I was also wondering about the stuff Eric mentioned. If I had my choice I would get an 85 200x, but there just aren't any of them or these 250sx around that I've seen.

Thank ya'll for the opinions.

ATC-Eric
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Yea, I was thinking $300 tops. I was also wondering about the stuff Eric mentioned. If I had my choice I would get an 85 200x, but there just aren't any of them or these 250sx around that I've seen.

Thank ya'll for the opinions.

If its close go check it out! Cash offer in hand is a lot more persuisive then over the phone. If its something you really want to go for, and its decent when you get there, go for it.

JasonB
08-09-2012, 04:18 PM
500 is a little steep considering the condition of some parts. I would low ball a 300$ offer and keep moving if he doesnt bite. But that would have to be if its a non smoker without serious mechanical issues

tri again
08-09-2012, 06:09 PM
clean gas tank?
starts like it should and shifts thru all the gears up AND down.
I'd be real tempted but also addicted to racks these days.

Rear axle gear oil looks right?
Rock side to side for swing arm bearings?
Not a deal killer but close.
frame cracks?

pipeline triker
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I paid more than that for my wifes 86 250sx and it looked worse and had crap old tires that all went flat within an hour. If I found that around here I would probaly but it. Given that it does run good with no smoke and the rear end is in good shape. if you do buy it I have a entire decent blue seat not perfect but nice. I agree though cash in hand and offer him $300ish to start and go from there. But only in person and point out some of the bad things about it but do it nicely and careful not to offend him. let him kinda know what some of the bad parts cost to repair or replace. But be nice about it.