PDA

View Full Version : Just another reason to HATE our Gub'ment

atctim
08-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Found this on another forum I visit regularly. This is BAD NEWS for our sport, and don't understand how Gov't can FORCE us into buying anything. Classic USA Hog Wash at it's finest!!!!!

http://www.capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=61632086

comment and discuss.

dcreel
08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Agreed.. I think the EPA needs knocked down a peg or two. They have already singlehandedly ran most manufacturing companies out of the country..

What worries me about this is, if you don't buy the specified amount at the pump. Do they just tax you for it? Hit you with a fine?

It's amazing the amount of "choice" that is taken from us as tax paying citizens of the USA every year.

russ98atc
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow.... that's ridiculous

ATC-Eric
08-09-2012, 05:17 PM
And fuel quality just continues to get worse, and worse, and worse.

tri again
08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
welp?
Now that we're on the 'list'
I just read that some guy is in jail for collecting rainwater in Medford Oregon.
Rainwater belongs to the gov't.
dontcha know.

El Camexican
08-09-2012, 07:12 PM
What the nations of the world desperately need are strong laws against stupid so that the citizens could sue morons like the EPA dicks that invent these rules. Anyone besides me wondering where they are going to get all that ethanol with the corn crops all burning up in the mid-West? Expect another increase to the price of everything linked to this craap fuel.

Xowner
08-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Dunno what good it will do but i filled out the email information and sent it in.

Billy Golightly
08-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Hey its just like in Atlas Shrugged. Fuel will be $35 bucks a gallon and what you can get for that price will barely burn! :rolleyes:

threewheelin-feelin
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
not just our atvs and motorcycles. what about are lawn mowers, weed eaters, generators, chain saws etc. this can cause problems with all small engines. just thought id let you guys know that i work at the newport news ship building. i know a guy there who is a big wig and he was having lots of troubles with aour new fuels so he had a chemist analys a gallon of gas. he found that is truely was 10 % ethanol but he also found that it was 20% water 40% flamable by products and only 30% gasoline.....

ATC-Eric
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
It causes problems in cars and trucks too, but most vehicles dont sit long enough for this crap fuel to start breaking down and causing problems.

kb0nly
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't know what the big deal is. We have had blender pumps here for some time. As a matter of fact premium fuel that doesn't contain Ethanol is as rare as gold itself here in the corn belt. I don't remember the last time i had access to non-ethanol fuel, must be 10-15 years ago at least.

While its true that the biggest issue is time, how long the fuel sits, its easily solved. I have been using Stabil fuel treatment for over 10 years in all my equipment and i have yet to have ethanol related problems in any of them. From the snowblower that sits all summer to the generator, lawnmower, weed eater, chainsaws, trikes, you name it. I haven't had any problems or complaints. I have actually used E15 in a few small engines with no ill effects and i would put it in my Big Red without much worry.

I have used E85, 85% ethanol, without much ill effect mixed with two cycle oil in my weed eater. It was actually just as an experiment because some people said it couldn't be done. I ran it for a couple weeks no problem, my weed eater has accessories like a pole pruner so i use it regularly for more than just trimming weeds. It ran good and had no problems, would i let it sit with E85? Probably not, not even with a treatment in it, too much water in E85 to reliably leave it.

rdlsz24
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm in the same boat as kbOnly, I don't think we can even get anything less than E15 here unless you buy actual race fuel. I just mix in StarTron as I'm filling my can and it's good for a while. Still starts going bad after a month or so

Rob

ctk
08-10-2012, 03:22 PM
I also filled out the take action email.

84honda200s
08-11-2012, 03:15 AM
my girlfriends brother has a high horse power mud truck and he is thinking about jumping to alcohol because this crap gas is killing the pump, eating the fuel cell and thats causing the 2 fuel filters to plug up solid. its a fact that this new crap eats aluminum .. so makes ya think " whats it doing to my aluminum intake? "

epa is a bunch of tree hugging hippies that need to be dozed over !!!! they are always behind my place riding the trail making sure the swamp is not harmed i guess. but the dont like it when im riding my 4x4 in it lol.. when i see em i make sure i start the ole rotax trike up and rev it good and loud for em. ohhh and yea it just so happens its running rich for some reason... bwaaaaa i hate them people with a passion i cant even begin to explain. i say send em all to the moon and let em protect that environment !!!