PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda ATC125M

Chubby
08-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Hello all

I am attempting to spruce up an 86 Honda ATC125M. I would like to ask four questions to see if anybody can help me with them please.

1. The rear axle hubs are a spline fitting on to the axle. What lube or grease should be applied to these splines?

2. The rear axle and the brackets underneath the rear fender assembly are discolored / corroded, any recommendations for cleaning them up and what products to use?

3. I thought all red Honda ATC's were R109 passion red, regardless of year. I seen something the other day (I can't find it at the moment......) that suggested a 1986 Honda ATC125M was a different color red. Can anybody shed any light on this?

4. Last question, what is the color code for the black items such as the chain cover and skid plate etc?

Thank you for looking and I hope somebody can help :cool:

Chubby

hublake
08-09-2012, 08:51 PM
1. I just put a light coating of wheel bearing grease on them
2. I would sandblast the brackets and then use some etching primer and then use a gloss black. Could use some abrasive paper and clean the axel and then paint it silver.
3. Don't know about that.
4. I just use Rust Oleum gloss black on those items. I first sandblast them and use an etching primer first