PDA

View Full Version : Beaverdale Hillclimb 2012 PIC'S & VID!

Bryan Raffa
08-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Just got conformation from jim who runs it... there will be a 3 wheeler only class.. this year... I will supply the Tropheys!

It's Time To Climb!:D

204' Near Vertical Hill

http://www.beaverdalehillclimb.com/eventinfo/schedule.asp

sept 9th... we camp at the base the night before.. free.. $10 for the class...:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twist ed::twisted::twisted:

you will find directions here!
http://www.beaverdalehillclimb.com/

Bryan Raffa
08-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Now let me say this... were lookin for serious hill climbers ,, Race Machines,,, no 110's lol please ,, if your ball dont clank .. then just follow the thred.. You MUST have Full Protection Gear ,MX boots , gloves ,goggles,LONG SLEEVE.. KILL SWITCH MANDATORY!

Now.. this is what you will see and what to expect to see ... I will be supplying the the top 3 trophy's. and it's a long way back down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcc-flCgt-w

Bryan Raffa
08-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Another Run,,,Who's in?

http://youtu.be/8Z1FpqzOH9Y

Swinger
08-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Ill be there. Got the trikes up for sale now but hopefully will have something left to climb with. Gonna be a great time. Lets go boys get out the climbing gear, its right around the corner.

just ben
08-15-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't have anything I am comfortable climbing with right now. maybe I can make it down to watch.

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2012, 06:51 AM
I don't have anything I am comfortable climbing with right now. maybe I can make it down to watch.

Borrow Mik6's bike ..LOL its use to everyone rideing it..lol

trizilla
08-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Raffa, are you running your +6 or the +12 in the video's ?

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Plus 12 swinger

Bryan Raffa
08-16-2012, 09:30 PM
come on guys!!! them Quads Cant handle it!:lol:

http://youtu.be/J612UkRMVKw

Bryan Raffa
08-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Just in case I scared you...:twisted: heres a little blaster going up!:lol:

http://youtu.be/dQcPZSIra2U

Bryan Raffa
08-19-2012, 04:03 PM
My elevator to the top is ready!:twisted: I'm shootin for faster than a 7.15. sec! :naughty:

Matrix
08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
What would you do if you're Z fell down from the top? I would be devastated to say the least. Although, excellent job on the climb Raffa!

just ben
08-19-2012, 10:24 PM
What would you do if you're Z fell down from the top? I would be devastated to say the least. Although, excellent job on the climb Raffa!he would fix it.I would love to do the climb but right now I am down to 1 running tecate. I guess I could run the 2cate but I'm sure I would be in a class that I wouldn't stand a chance at.

Bryan Raffa
08-20-2012, 07:23 AM
What would you do if you're Z fell down from the top? I would be devastated to say the least. Although, excellent job on the climb Raffa!

This bike was built to be Ridden.. Not sit in a Garage and collect dust.. If it happens it will get rebuilt. Better, Faster....:twisted:

come on Ben run the tecate!

Billy Golightly
08-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Raffa, If you can update the very first post with an address/ directions to the track and some contact information (either for you or whoever runs it) I'll put this on the front page. Same for the AirMX one you just made.

Bryan Raffa
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
yea you got it! the link with directions and stuff was there the whole time. same with the airmx race theres a link there also

Billy Golightly
08-20-2012, 10:28 PM
My bad, I didn't see it :)

Put this one on the front page, I'll go do the AirMX one now. Don't have to do it right now but if you can put a picture of the track/place or some sorta action shot from before that'd be awesome. Helps break things up a little bit on the frontpage from a wall of text.

Bryan Raffa
08-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Pic's of the Hill.:Bounce

Matrix
08-21-2012, 05:33 PM
This bike was built to be Ridden.. Not sit in a Garage and collect dust.. If it happens it will get rebuilt. Better, Faster....:twisted:

Understood. There are two sides to me. One is exactly what you said. If you are afraid of you're bike getting broken then don't ride, race or even own one. Then the other side of me shivers with the thought of getting to the top and flipping. I would likely flip and stand up fast enough to see my trike roll.... and roll, roll and flip once and roll alot more. But then you would just rebuild and try again.

just ben
08-21-2012, 10:34 PM
I may be in to run,I will know tomarrow

Bryan Raffa
08-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Sounds great Ben!

fabiodriven
08-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I guess I could run the 2cate but I'm sure I would be in a class that I wouldn't stand a chance at.

Ben, that would be absolutely sick! RUN IT!!!!!!

Obviously you know better than me, but I could see that bike eating that hill alive, no?

Bryan Raffa
08-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I would be worried about the two breakers on the way up.. LOL hows that Fat Wheel Jump?

brapp
08-22-2012, 09:24 PM
hey ben if you could get here we could team up from hear out if it m is any easier on ya ?

just ben
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM
I would be worried about the two breakers on the way up.. LOL hows that Fat Wheel Jump?it looks like if I come out thats what I will be on.I havn't done any big jumps on it but tecate dan had it on the mx track a TF so maybe he knows. Brapp you are 4 hrs away and beaverdale is only 3 but thanks for trying to help. I'm not worried about getting down there I just don't wanna crack up the only trike I have for mx racing.

fabiodriven
08-23-2012, 09:06 AM
I've never ridden your 2cate Ben, but I did ride a BW 200 a lot when I was younger. The only thing, and I mean the only thing, that machine was good at was climbing hills. It would climb anything and do it with ease. I bet the 2cate is similar.

On the other hand, the worst thing you could ever try to do with that machine was jump it. It would nose-dive like nobody's business. I'm sure the suspension settings were off and I was just a kid at like 120 lbs or something with not much experience, but I bet the power of the 2cate will keep the front end up no problem.

Swinger
08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
I think you would be fine on the 2cate Ben. The first breaker is the only rough one. The second one is pretty beat up and could easily roll it and just keep it pinned.

brapp
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
i have done alot of hill climbing with the bw200 i had and the thing was fun but they are not hill climbers and would definitly need some sort of tire with alot of traction. just knowing from bikes and quads that a single back wheel with 30+hp is definitly gonna spin, not enough ground pressure to maintain forward movement. just run the tecate,

81Rmachine
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
As much as I love 3 wheelers i dont think id be doin much hill climbing on them just for the fact that they roll to the bottom. My buddies and I like to do alot of hillclimbs around local gravel pits and take a trip out by Rapid City, SD to the badlands, Buffalo Gap, is the name of the park and there are some nasty hills out there. The tricky part about it is they arent a straight climb and the terrain is so much different theres loose shale rock scattered and makes it hard to get traction so its very technical. We all bring our bikes out and I ride my CR because most of the climbs are off of the trails and none of the quad guys go very far off the trails. You get to a point where when the terrain gets bad enough you really dont want to be on anything other than a bike. The main reason Id rather climb on a bike is when I can't climb any higher you just tip over and then of course begin the 15 minute slow maneuver back down the hill, but still better than seeing your machine roll down the hill. Just my 2 cents but no matter what your on hillclimbing takes BALLS!!

fabiodriven
08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
As much as I love 3 wheelers i dont think id be doin much hill climbing on them just for the fact that they roll to the bottom. My buddies and I like to do alot of hillclimbs around local gravel pits and take a trip out by Rapid City, SD to the badlands, Buffalo Gap, is the name of the park and there are some nasty hills out there. The tricky part about it is they arent a straight climb and the terrain is so much different theres loose shale rock scattered and makes it hard to get traction so its very technical. We all bring our bikes out and I ride my CR because most of the climbs are off of the trails and none of the quad guys go very far off the trails. You get to a point where when the terrain gets bad enough you really dont want to be on anything other than a bike. The main reason Id rather climb on a bike is when I can't climb any higher you just tip over and then of course begin the 15 minute slow maneuver back down the hill, but still better than seeing your machine roll down the hill. Just my 2 cents but no matter what your on hillclimbing takes BALLS!!

To each their own but there's no reason the trike should be getting away from you like that.

just ben
08-23-2012, 11:29 PM
i have done alot of hill climbing with the bw200 i had and the thing was fun but they are not hill climbers and would definitly need some sort of tire with alot of traction. just knowing from bikes and quads that a single back wheel with 30+hp is definitly gonna spin, not enough ground pressure to maintain forward movement. just run the tecate,It will spin for sure but it spins fast enough to make traction. The thing with that bike is I can hold it pinned in third from the bottom to the top. The biggest mess ups I have had climbing, is missing a gear or hitting neutral trying to shift.

81Rmachine
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
To each their own but there's no reason the trike should be getting away from you like that.
There in lies the key word "should", haha your machine never "should" get away from you, but when you misjudge the height of a rock ledge for something you can just wheelie over a couple hundred feet up a near vertical hill and have an "oh trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro" moment as you rapidly approach and your front wheel catches causing your rear wheel to lift just long enough to loose traction as it comes back down regaining traction sending the bike flying out from underneath you and your ass slidin down the a rocky ledge while you scramble to get back up to your machine so you dont drain all your gas, then at that moment you understand just how quickly your machine can get away from you. I've done enough hill climbing to know that it can get ugly real fast. Ill still climb hills on 3 wheelers just nothing to the degree of difficulty id try on a bike.

brapp
08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
i'll hit anything once just hit it wide open hahahahahah

Bryan Raffa
08-26-2012, 12:18 PM
come on Kids .. gettin ready to make some Trophy's anyone in?:naughty:

Bryan Raffa
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Trophy's are shapeing up!:Bounce

Bryan Raffa
08-28-2012, 10:02 PM
guess Ill just bring one trophy!:naughty:

CRAZY70MAN
08-28-2012, 10:26 PM
sorry brother I can't make it for that beautiful trophy!!!! I am switching shifts at work just to make some fall races!!! I will show bro...!!!!!! Got your back.......lol...

Bryan Raffa
09-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Less than a week to go! anyone in? getting EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! that happens right before the Nervousness sets in LOL!

Swinger
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Im still in Raffa. Havent been on here to much and thought I would check in to see how things were shaping up. Ill be running the stock T3 so if anyone out there isnt extended, you wont be the only one.

Bryan Raffa
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
sounds good dave.. pickin up trophy's from my letter guy at noon,,picked up my gas ,, getting my go pro stuff ready.. some things you can NOT duplicate,,by going to your buddys house and and going up his big hill..LOL ... see you there you got dry wood? lmao or should i bring some? you hangin sat night?

just ben
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm still trying.my play money took a big hit today. to clarify Dave I think bryan meant firewood. haha

Bryan Raffa
09-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Yea fire wood.. i can bring some i just need to know now... looks like sat is gonna be wet.. and sunday is lookin great!

Swinger
09-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I can bring the WOOD. Ha ha! No problem at all! I plan on being there saturday night, what time you showing up?? Call my cell when your on your way. Got a trophy ready for me? Tired of Regina and my oldest boy rubbing their trophys in my face, ha ha!!

Swinger
09-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Need me to bring anything else?

Bryan Raffa
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I can bring the WOOD. Ha ha! No problem at all! I plan on being there saturday night, what time you showing up?? Call my cell when your on your way. Got a trophy ready for me? Tired of Regina and my oldest boy rubbing their trophys in my face, ha ha!!

ya I will .. I think I got everything.. pickin up the trophys tomorrow at noon... will call you in my way ..ill have a better time when i will arrive.. lookin to leave at 1 so I should be there by 6! ben is gonna call you ,, he's gonna get there early sat can you meet him and set him up where i was last year?

Bryan Raffa
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
you guys say a prayer for my quad buddy Matt Novak he just lost 3 of his fingers in a chain and sprocket.at the first knuckle . on his way to philly to try and get two of the attached! freaking Shitty!!! :(

got the beast all drained out of old gas and a new fuel filter, carb drained,, new gas ready VP 110.. just gotta fix my vent hose on my gas cap..

looks like Me ,, Dave,, and Ben.. pictures of the tropheys tomorrow at lunch..:Bounce

just ben
09-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I already called, I think he needs to add minutes LOL. Dave save the couch for me sunday or atleast a spot to park and crash haha

Swinger
09-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Got ya Ben. I can meet you after 12 sometime on Saturday or Just give you directions to my place and you can hang out till I get back from Davids football game. I dont know how I missed your call. Shoot me a text or something and Ill call you back from the house phone.

Bryan Raffa
09-07-2012, 06:52 PM
trophy's are in... check em out...:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:B ounce:Bounce:Bounce

also a 10 % chance of rain on sunday looks awesome!! just like last year!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/Beaverdale+PA+USPA0100:1:US

Swinger
09-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Those are sweet trophys Raffa! Cant wait for this. Anyone out there at least coming to spectate?? First ever 3 wheeler class at Beaverdale and support from the community would ensure that it happens again. Lots of locals are excited to see this!

Bryan Raffa
09-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Packin up .. waiting for the last of rain to go through... the olady..is getting her nails and toes done....waiting on her to get home to Finnish.. going back to marinating chicken for lunch tomorrow and a cucumber salad.. setting up the gps.. I think we will be blessed with the weather! ill call you guys when im gettin close ..hope to be out of here no later than 1:30... OH and....YAMAHONDAMANYAMAHONDAMAN

Jason125m
09-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Goodluck guys, looks like a wild climb. Extra goodluck to you 84t3, you got balls for doing it without an extended swinger. Can't wait for the video!

brapp
09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
how was today?? man i wish i could have made it

Bryan Raffa
09-10-2012, 06:45 AM
it was dave in 3rd, ben in 2nd and me in first .. I was the only one to make it up.. pic's and vid will have to wait till i get home from work. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!

Bryan Raffa
09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
on lock down cuttin loose! look at ben's face how white it is..:lol: that at the top! Raffanator called in the heavy artillery! more to come!:naughty:

fabiodriven
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Goddam, that hill looks insane! I can't wait to see the videos!

just ben
09-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Goddam, that hill looks insane! I can't wait to see the videos!the pics do that hill no justice at all.I giv ealot of credit to bryan for making it up. There were stretched dirt bikes that climb all the time that were wiping out and having trouble getting up. a good weekend and thanks again Dave &Regina for everything,I had a great time.

ezmoney1979
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Goddam, that hill looks insane! I can't wait to see the videos!

Agree. Those ruts look like they would create some serious problems. Looks fun though, great job guys :beer

Bryan Raffa
09-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Here's some more pic's workin on the Vid...

Bryan Raffa
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Here's the Vid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVtnzKy0-pY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

just ben
09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
great video bryan. On my first run I tried to grab 2nd gear and hit neutral my 2nd run I hit 2nd gear but the front end was coming up fast I hit the rear brake so I didnt pull a Dave and the bike stalled. Oh well better luck next time. 153932153931153933153934153935

brapp
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
hey y i got a hillthats verry similar to this here and probably abotu 400 foot long shallw e do it inpensytucky 2013?

fabiodriven
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
My hat goes off to the 3 of you guys. I know the pics don't do it justice, but I can tell that hill is hairy. You boys have balls of steel.

zmpolaristech
09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Way to go Raffa! thta hill looks nuts!

CRAZY70MAN
09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Nice work Bryan and crew!! That hill is freakin' sick man!! Awesome video......

Jason125m
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Crazy bastards! That hill is nuts. Goodjob guys.

thestud25
09-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Awesome job all the way around. Ben I figured you hit neutral and missed second. No criticism here. You all did good.

just ben
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
bryan was the only one of us to shoot the hill before and trust me all of us were all nerves, bryan just hid it better but he did tell me as soon as you get to the start line it goes away and it did. To be honest on stock bikes dave and I had no business being there but nobody got hurt and we let people know that trikes are still out there which is a win for me.

Bryan Raffa
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
here some more :pics:

Ya fire starter! :twisted: and I have Leukemia stickers if anyone's interested..support a great cause!

the first pic I was fire testing my new satin jacket... passed with flying colors and repels water ...:naughty:

Bryan Raffa
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
more shots! Ben and Dave trying to get the tecate going,, by robbing the T2 of all electrical components.. my new 3 wheeled electric cooler... Deb reading business law at the camp fire.. and last is Matt who lost 1" of 3 of his fingers in a accident.with a air shifter. getting a bike ready. this guy is a trooper!

atc007
09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't need a sticker,but I've got money for Leukemia,where do I send it? Thanx

Bryan Raffa
09-12-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't need a sticker,but I've got money for Leukemia,where do I send it? Thanx

Thanks ..send me your addy.. and ill send you one. Free... I payed to have these printed.. just to gain awareness.. not to collect. thanks!

Swinger
09-12-2012, 06:56 AM
I had a great time hanging out with fellow trikers once again. Dont let these guys fool ya, nothing to this hill, ha ha ha!! I would have made it if I didnt wreck, lol!! Great job Raffa and Ben!! Cant wait till next year to try and redeem myself. Damn stator had me rushing and ripping parts off Bens T2 to just get it running in time and I was more pissed by then than nervous and that probably didnt help me either. I do better when nervous than pissed....as you can see, ha ha. Lets get a big crowd of guys for next year and have some fun!

Bryan Raffa
09-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Dave thanks for the pop up... you freakin spoiled me!! I gotta get mine finished now! its gonna be tough next week in a tent! LOL ,,,,, and after a year.. thanks for the 3 wheeled cooler!!! =)

Swinger
09-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Any time man. I would do anything for anyone if I could. Slap some knobbies on that cooler and a big motor and run that next year,lol!