PDA

View Full Version : DG pipe tri zinger. >LOOK<

spentar
08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
I just had my birthday and i got enough money to buy a dg pipe for my tri zinger. The zingers all stock, will i need to rejet? if so what are some jets people have used. I found a guy who will sell to me for 134$. Im also interested in a different intake. Ive seen people take the airbox out and just put a bigger filter on instead, if thats possible what filter would i use and how would i do it? While i have the carb out and stuff to rejet i think that would be a good time to maybe put boysen power reeds in. could i do that with the engine in the zinger? Please help me.

bslama69
08-16-2012, 12:21 AM
I would go one step at a time. Especially with a 60cc. If you have a line on a DG pipe, get it. Bump up your main jet 2 sizes and see how it runs. Check your plug to make sure you are not running lean (plug would be light tan). If your plug is nice and brown and it runs good I would leave the rest alone. I'm 42 and love putting around on my '85 Zinger. I wouldn't mind a pipe for a little more top end but they are so reliable stock I wouldn't do much more. Enjoy.

Dirtweed
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Let me know how yours goes in. Looks like our DG pipe is going to need a little persuasion to fit through the frame and still line up on the
exhaust port.

thestud25
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
It is a direct bolt in. No modifications needed.

Dirtweed
08-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I know it is a direct bolt on. I tried to fit our DG pipe that I bought new from atv overstock and it seems that the pipe is
not going to fit through the frame onto the exhaust port without a little bending of the pipe.