PDA

View Full Version : Race @ Round #9 of the NE-ATV Motocross series, new opportunity

Billy Golightly
08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Checkout this post on the front page for more information:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/333-Trike-Racing-Opportunity-Round-9-of-the-NEATV-Motocross-Series-in-Clifford-PA

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Humm that's too bad.. waiting on conformation of a banked kart track for that weekend in NY

NOS_350X
08-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Im thinking of flying out for this one. The neatv is a little bit bigger than a go cart track!

fastfreddy44
08-16-2012, 02:18 AM
If my ribs feel better I may give this a run!

Bryan Raffa
08-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Im thinking of flying out for this one. The neatv is a little bit bigger than a go cart track!

I'm sure it is Nick...but when you got tracks in your area.. and you dont have to fly in... That's even better!

TimSr
08-16-2012, 07:17 AM
This is a great oppotunity in areas that have had few. They've been extending their hand to trike racers for quite some time, and I hope it finally materializes.

Billy Golightly
08-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Yes, the NE-ATV is a big series and has a lot of corporate sponsors, this should be an excellent opportunity for people up in that area!

atc007
08-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Man,,that is Huge. Just awesome,,I hope some of you can make it out! If anyone from the Neatv sees this. Thank you !!

NOS_350X
08-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm sure it is Nick...but when you got tracks in your area.. and you dont have to fly in... That's even better!

I do have tracks in my area, thats what the quad is for, Winning money. When it comes to the trikes for me its just for fun, for anyone that thinks they are a "pro" trike racer, If there isnt a pro purse then its not a pro class. Getting into NEatv and EDT might be the path to opening up true pro racing back to trikes. As long as there pulling races in big series like edt and neatv i will continue to fly out just for the fun of the competition.

just ben
08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
It will be interesting to see what becomes of this,trikes were also invited to the rest of the years edt schedule but as we quickly found out it really comes down to the track letting us run and not being invited by the series promoters

Billy Golightly
08-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Bill from TPC went down last year and spoke with both the promoter and the track owner. It already has the go ahead and is 100% confirmed. The only track that is not 100% on board at this time is Englishtown in NJ.

Bill and Kimmie have said they will be going down and at the very least run in the practice sessions to get some promotion going on.

Word is there will be several magazines covering this event so the opportunity for some coverage is there. Like I said before, the NE-ATV is a big deal.

Also, its my understanding that the track is actually sub-leased back out by the track owner to the promoter and the insurance "issues" are the promoters responsibility and therefor at his discretion. Which, seems to be very willing :)

TimSr
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I do have tracks in my area, thats what the quad is for, Winning money. When it comes to the trikes for me its just for fun, for anyone that thinks they are a "pro" trike racer, If there isnt a pro purse then its not a pro class. Getting into NEatv and EDT might be the path to opening up true pro racing back to trikes. As long as there pulling races in big series like edt and neatv i will continue to fly out just for the fun of the competition.

Its so great to see you make multiple efforts to travel all the way out here to support these events, and I greatly admire and respect that, as well as others who repeatedly must travel to support these events.

I would like to expound on the widespread misuse of the term "pro", and agree with you as its misuse does cause problems. "Pro" simply means you derive actual income directly from racing, and a "pro" class has a cash purse. It has nothing to do with any level of skill, other than you're not going to be very successful as a "pro' without it. I was surprised to see so many people incorrectly refer to the "Open Class" as "Open Pro" at Pine Lake, including atvrider.com who should have known better. We originally had a 3 Wheeler Open Novice and an 3 Wheeler Open Expert Class until we dropped novice and went with simply "3 Wheeler Open". At the time we were setting up the classes, Bud suggested Open Pro and then immediately walked it back and agreeing with Open Expert stating the same reason - REAL pros would be expecting a cash payout if you called it "pro".
I know it sounds more glorious to say you ran the "Open Pro" class, but in reality, that is a great exaggeration, and the truth is there were only 2 or 3 racers in that class who held current "pro" status. By definition it was an amateur class with 2 or 3 current pros in it. By the way, "amateur" simply means you are not being compensated for racing. All olympic athletes must have amateur status, while it is obvious, they are certainly not beginners or novices. AMA non-money clas sracers jeopardise their amateur status if they are seen running in CRA Money Classes.

Thanks for bringing this up, Nick, as misuse of the term does cause friction with the AMA/ATVA and other entities who would have very serious issues with unsanctioned pro classes.

jays375
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Well I hope something happens with this.It is 15 minutes from my home.Me racing would never happen though.Would be nice to meet some members.By the sounds I will get to see what a TPC trike will do in person.

TimSr
08-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Well I hope something happens with this.It is 15 minutes from my home.Me racing would never happen though.Would be nice to meet some members.By the sounds I will get to see what a TPC trike will do in person.

The biggest obstacle that we have faced over the years in establishing trike racing is that everyody wants to be an audience, but very few are willing to perform. There seems to be this unbreakable myth that unless you have the potential to go out there with an expensive high performance machine and win, that it would not be any fun, when in fact, some of the most fun and memorable races are amongst beginners battling for last place on lame beaters. So far only Bill and Fred have committed to the practice only, with Nick on fly in standby, so this is not likely to go anywhere unless some people step up to make it happen. All it takes is a bike that runs, and the ability to make it go around the track and having fun while doing it because "once you make it to the starting gate, there's nothing left to prove".

jays375
08-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I have no racing expericence what so ever,never even on a track.Let alone I haven't really rode a trike much in a very long time.Plus my physical condition isn't very good either.Maybe if there was a half a dozen more like me it would be different.I have no expectations of coming close to be compettive.Another thing if I get hurt and can't work that would be a big problem.So can you see where I am coming from?

Billy Golightly
08-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Current tentative sign up if we get enough racers. (need at least 5-6)

#32 Bill Casey TPC 450R
#44 Fred Morrell TPC 450R
#89 Kimmie Read ATC 250R

brapp
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
i will try to do what i can.