PDA

View Full Version : Emissions laws on quads now?

HemiChallenger71
11-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Someone posted a post about emissions laws on machines in 2006?? WTF????????? That is jsut complete bull. I'm assuming this is true, but why? They hardly create any emissions.

350Xrider
11-24-2002, 02:18 AM
When they try and do away with the production of certain vehicles and stuff they are only killing our fun, they do not create enough emmisions to do anything,they should get on these factories and stuff if they need something to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about. What our atvs produce in a year is about equivalent to what a factory puts out in a day.

Instinctz
11-24-2002, 03:00 AM
There are about 600 billion enviremental hippies out there, so they are attacking the factories as well, but the other few billion are searching for anything that puts out more waste than an ant.

And figure these laws are put into effect in 2006, but often they give many years of give for companys to conform to new laws that the government put out.

I have not heard much about this, but I think they are mainly trying to get two strokers taken out, which really does bite. But I ride a 20 year old machine, I dont think they will ban two strokes, just limit the production of them. So add 20 years onto the top of the bill passing day atleast for us to not have two strokes. Maybe it seems like a short time, but I think by then we will have some means of keeping the fun we have, and handling the laws that are put into effect.

I guess

Instinctz
11-24-2002, 03:25 AM
Here is a quote from the AMA regulations or what note:

Those manufacturers -- with sales of fewer than 3,000 bikes a year and having fewer than 500 employees -- wouldn’t be required to meet the tougher tier-two standards.

Fear not, we will always have two strokers.

thors-tecate
11-24-2002, 03:35 AM
Their doing away with all two strokes eventually.What I mean by their is the goverment and all there tree hugging lobbiests.I'am an avid snowmobiler too and I'am watching the manufactorers building four stroke models.Have you ever heard of such a thing!Not much we can do unless we all voice our opinions like the tree huggers have.It's in the hands of big brother and our state reps. that we vote in.We all need to learn from our tree huggin foes and write your local congressman.Force in numbers! :twisted:

ATC crazy
11-24-2002, 01:58 PM
I bet that Honda's hybrid gas/electric car puts out more pollution than a worked Banshee :evil: Why don't they put new mufflers the run-down semi's that put out nothing but thick, black smoke or ban the shitty imports that do nothing but smoke like crazy.

Billy Golightly
11-24-2002, 03:46 PM
I bet that Honda's hybrid gas/electric car puts out more pollution than a worked Banshee :evil: Why don't they put new mufflers the run-down semi's that put out nothing but thick, black smoke or ban the shitty imports that do nothing but smoke like crazy.

Because that might actually solve the problem. The Enviro nazi's aren't interested in saving the enviroment as much as they would have you believe. They are all in it for a personal recognition, and because they just plain out do not like people who don't have an urge to go kiss every tree in their lawn before they go to work each morning.

HemiChallenger71
11-24-2002, 03:55 PM
I wonder who voted yes on the emissions laws, I bet they will never come foward. Dirt wheels had a good article about a year ago about this emissions stuff, and they scientifically found that 1 city bus creates more pollution in its running time than 100 banshees running for the same amount of time. I don't know if anyone has ever been to Houston Texas, but the pollution there is really bad. The reason why??? The multi million dollar chemical companies right on a large bay by houston (I cant remember the name). The area looks terrible, the ocean itself is stained a blackish color, and stinks really bad. Driving into the city you can see all the smog. The environmental hippies like to blame the problem there on cars and trucks, yet you can clearly see where the pollution comes from.

Instinctz
11-24-2002, 08:26 PM
Well if you really want to know why big companys that bust out tons of polution every day, and can get away with it, its all about who gets the mula.

These companys have to pay taxes = More money for Town / State.. ect.
They bring income to the local towns... which makes more politics happy.

How much does atv's bring the inconomy? Probably not as much as these really large companys that are the real factor behind this "polution problem".

It all depends who is the one's behind the voting card, and what companys are paying those people that have the vote.

I would almost bet that if 50% of sales from atv's went to tax, we would not even have to talk about this bill being past. Of course I dont know how much actualy does.

So figure out a way to get the folks behind the voting cards to sway towards you and your ideas (hard when the others are giving money to them) and you will effectivly be able to control the government.

I really hate these laws and wish I could do something, but untill we have a very large anti-emmission law groups created, I dont really see us doing much.

-Rambling

Ace Mon
11-25-2002, 12:33 AM
Here in Ca. They issue green and red stickers . Green stickers mean you can ride whenever , but the red stickers are not allowed to be operated on "spare the air days " . At least thats the way I understand it . I live in nor Cal and the red stickers only apply in so Cal . Thats right the fricken desert spare the air for your local Cacti !

hondarider250x
11-25-2002, 12:56 AM
no trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, those f'in hippies can go hug a tree for all i care..honda atc, i totally agree with that

ATC crazy
11-25-2002, 07:09 PM
Hug a tree for all you care? Make them hug a Cactus :twisted:

hondarider250x
11-26-2002, 11:47 PM
atc crazy...thanks for stealin part of my signature...you aint a rebel

11-27-2002, 10:26 PM
If they crack down on emissions i think that there is no hope for a company to make my dream two stroke race quad. I guess i will have to be happy with my trx250r and atc250r . hope they make parts for them forever? so i can pass my quad on to my kid.[/img]

mtbikr
12-05-2002, 12:19 AM
What i think is funny is how the conservationists leave the sit-in with their leather shoes, with a cotton shirt, to drive the leather seated BMW to a drive thru to get a burger and fries in, my gosh, A PAPER SACK!!!! No plants or animals were harmed in the making of this post. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mtbikr
12-05-2002, 12:32 AM
Would it be possible for the gutless politicians to ban the making or selling of new 2 stroke parts. Why would'nt they go after weed whackers, blowers, and such. there is a cut-off date for classic cars, why couldnt they do the same for atcs/atvs ! I hate band wagon politicians.